Documents & Files Custom Fields Error After Deleting Document - Bugs & Issues - Bugs & Issues - Progress Community

Documents & Files Custom Fields Error After Deleting Document

 Bugs & Issues

Documents & Files Custom Fields Error After Deleting Document

  • Documents & Files Custom Fields Error After Deleting Document
  • I've added a custom field to the documents and files module, using the custom fields tool in the Sitefinity backend.  It was a classification field using a classification I also added to the classifications module called PublicationType. Everything was working fine until I deleted a document.  After that whenever I attempted to add a new document the application would throw the following error: 

    Could not find the specified key "PublicationType" or class id "TaxonomyResources".

    On the same site, I created the same custom field for News and it works fine. Has anyone else encountered this and is it in fact a bug?

    Thanks.

    Kevin
  • Hi Kevin,

    Can you provide the exact steps you followed ( form the beginning) or short video, so we can try to replicate the issue. It is possible that there is a bug with Images and Documents & Files module.

    Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • Thanks Ivan,

    Here are the steps I took to reproduce the issue on a new project I started.  I've also added a few screen shots.

    1. Add Classification
    2. Add a few test publication types
    3. Add a new library
    4. Upload a document (I only do this because I can't find a way to get to the Custom Field without creating a document and getting to the listings page)
    5. Add Custom Field at /Sitefinity/Content/Documents
    6. Try adding a new document, error will be thrown.

  • Alright, I managed to get this setup on a third site, without any issue.   I named the custom field "Type" instead of Publication Type, which was also the name of the classification I created.