Updating Pages Error - Row not found: GenericOID@ - Bugs & Issues - Bugs & Issues - Progress Community

Updating Pages Error - Row not found: GenericOID@

Bugs & Issues

Updating Pages Error - Row not found: GenericOID@

• Updating Pages Error - Row not found: GenericOID@
  • Hi,

While updating pages on Sitefinity 4, we keep getting the following error.
    "Row not found: GenericOID@ ..." See attached files.

We notice that it's somehow related to the page being locked out by another user. The weird thing is that the error stays for a while (15min to 2 days) even after unlocking it.

Also get the same issue, if the user exit the page without saving or publishing the changes ie. to discard the changes. The message box pop up to confirm if they want to unsave changes and move from the page. Once click, the error appears.

Could anyone advice how to fix/avoid this annoying error please.
    Thanks.

• Hello May,

Can you tell me if your project is an upgraded one or brand new? Please share more information about your setup and projects so I can try and reproduce the issue locally.  In the meantime can you please, check if the following query will return any results:

select*
    from sf_page_node
    where content_id is not null and content_id not in(select content_id from sf_page_data)

If the above query returns records, run the following script ( we would strongly recommend you backup your database before executing the script ):

update sf_page_node
    set content_id = null, node_type = 1
    where content_id is not null and content_id not in(select content_id from sf_page_data)

Greetings,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • Thanks for your reply. The project sitefinity version is 4.1.1405.0 and no rows returns when I run the first query.
    As mentioned before, it only happens on some occasions. It's with IIS7 and DB is running on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1600.1 (X64) Enterprise Edition (64-bit)

We tried upgrading it to SP2 but our pages crashed after that so we had to rollback to previous state.
  • Hi May,

Is it possible for you to attach your project to a FTP ( codebase and database ) so I can install it locally and investigate the issue in depth.

All the best,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  • Also experiencing the same error.

I'm on Oracle 10g with IIS 6 on Win2003. Curiously, it is only affecting pages that are locked; and even though I'm the only user on the system (Administrator), I can't unlock my own pages.

Stopping and re-starting the application pool (or all of IIS) as Pavel found here temporarily clears the bug.
  • We're getting this error now too. We're getting this error while trying to recreate half our website because pages crash after upgrading to SP1. Upgrading to SP2 didn't fix that problem so we're just recreating the pages. This is yet another fing bug that has made getting a 4.x website out the door a massive pain in the ***. I guess I'll just keep a RDP window open to the webserver and recycle the app pool every time our content editor messages me that he's getting the error. Brilliant.
  • I also get this for a while...then it magically goes away

No idea what's causing it...
  • Updated to SF 4.1 SP3, still seeing a similar error.

Steps to reproduce errors I am seeing often:

Click a page's checkbox. Click "Create a child of the selected page". Type in a name, then click "Create and go add content". Add a content block, fill it with content. Click "Save". Click "Publish".

In many cases, it will work properly and the page will be available. In other cases, however, a message box is displayed:

No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageDraft ('sf_draft_pages') GenericOID@7e662036 PageDraft id=8f5e67e4-5d38-4762-a9e9-acd04d39a487

Clicking okay causes the message box to pop again. And again. Terminating the browser and attempting the reload the Pages area causes the same message to repeat.

Recycling the app pool remains the only means of regaining access to the Pages menu.

If the above error does not occur, another failure mode is the page is created, but locked. Attempting to unlock it gives the following error:

Row not found: GenericOID@45ff7eb1 PageData content_id=2e23389c-92dc-4661-afc8-f9e8ac44d34c
    UPDATE "sf_page_data" SET "locked_by"=?, "last_modified"=?, "voa_version"=? WHERE "content_id" = ? AND "voa_version"=?
    (set event logging to all to see parameter values)

In this state, the page can not be manipulated until the app pool is recycled, but it is saved correctly and unlocked.
  • Hi Stephen,

Can you share more details about your project - is your server load balanced environment or single server scenario? Do you use custom template for the parent page? Any additional information would be helpful.

Kind regards,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
  • We're getting this too, here's what led to it (I was trying to replace our "About" Page with a new version based on the copied layout).

1. Duplicate a Page that had the layout I wanted, named it "About 2".

2. Drag 2 child Pages into it from our existing "About" Page.

3. Delete the existing "About" Page. This required me to navigate away from the Pages screen as SF thought this page still had children.

4. Back on the Pages screen, rename "About 2" to be "About".

5. Try to edit the page and get this error.
  • I forgot to say, this now affects all pages on our live site -- nothing can be edited. :(
  • Hello Ian,

I have answered you in the support ticket. I hope you don't mind to keep the communication in one place.

All the best,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
  • Keeping the conversation in Ian's support ticket, isn't helpful to the rest of us facing this same issue. Is there a fix for this yet. I have a Content Manager working on a site and every 1-2 pages he creates, he has to message me to go in and recycle the App Pool. What a joke.
  • I encountered a similar issue and the resolution information can be found in my thread posting:

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/solution-to-dbo-database-schema-problem.aspx

It basically amounts to renaming my database schema (at least for SQL Server) to the user owned schema name.  For example, if my database schema is by default dbo.<table name> I would have to rename it to  mydbuser.<table name>