Remember Me not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:00

Remember Me not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2011 00:00

I reviewed this thread: www.sitefinity.com/.../programmatic-login.aspx  and it looks like a different issue.  When I go to the main page of the site, where the login widget is, it still doesn't remember me. 

Do I have to program this or is this a bug?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Tom Miller,

When you check the  Remember Me  option of the ASP.NET Login control this generates a persistent cookie about your session. If you log in, then close the browser without logging out, and then reopen the browser you will still be logged in. If you click on logged out the cookie will be lost. Make sure that the browser does not clear all cookies and history on close. On a side note, i'd like to point out that the users will be logged out when they are inactive, if they are active the timer will always reset.

1. The default expire timeout value for the "Remember me" is 2 hours.
2.You can go to Administration->Settings->Advanced->Security- AuthCookieTimeout and change the default value.
3. Sitefinity uses cookies to store the user current authentication. To increase the cookie expiration change the AuthCookieTimeout, BackendUsersSessionTimeout all users should be assigned the same cookie. For a testing purpose I set all timers to 1 minute and I was logged out after 1 minute of inactivity. Then I logged again and was browsing the site for about 2 minutes and the user was not logged out.

I hope this helps, if any issues persist, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2012 00:00

If your program still don't remember you this is problem in program or in your registry. 

This thread is closed