Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI causing issues in multiple places

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:58

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI causing issues in multiple places

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2017 00:00

I just upgraded from 7.3.x to 8.2.5940.0, which seemingly went smooth until I found my way to the backend.

First thing, I navigate to pages. Try to open a page to edit the content. Boom:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Telerik.Sitefinity.Personalization.Impl.Web.UI.Pages.PersonalizedPageSelector.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +1861 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +87 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +188 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +59 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4296

Second, I try to check page permissions under Administration -> Users. Another server error:

A required control was not found in the template for "~/SfCtrlPresentation/_SFCT_/528a80bbe0721204ccd5e1fa165594ab98132e1d/UsersList.ascx". The control must be assignable from type "System.Web.UI.WebControls.HiddenField" and must have ID "hProvidersSettings".

[TemplateException: A required control was not found in the template for "~/SfCtrlPresentation/_SFCT_/528a80bbe0721204ccd5e1fa165594ab98132e1d/UsersList.ascx". The control must be assignable from type "System.Web.UI.WebControls.HiddenField" and must have ID "hProvidersSettings".] Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.GenericContainer.ThrowException(Type requiredType, String controlId) +74 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.GenericContainer.GetControl(String id, Boolean required) +262 Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.Principals.UsersList.BindProviders() +2192 Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.Principals.UsersList.InitializeControls(Control viewContainer) +506 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ViewModeControl`1.CreateChildControls() +141 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +189 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4297

Haven't navigated around the site too much further since it's slow on my dev box, but so far both errors involve Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI at the tip of the stack trace, so I can only assume it's that.

Things i've checked:

• Rebuilding and optimizing the database with the new version
  • Double checking all reference versions in VS
  • Completely re-upgrading the project from scratch. Twice
  • Few other things that I'm not recalling... this has been a long process of debugging this

Has anybody experienced similar issues or have any troubleshooting tips for me? I'm really in need of some help. Thank you.

This thread is closed