Why do you have to hiut "Attach" after you already used New Object? - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Why do you have to hiut "Attach" after you already used New Object?

Forum

Why do you have to hiut "Attach" after you already used New Object?

• Attach? I added an object called "Borrower" and when I use the "New Borrower" function and add the info it makes you then click "Attach Borrower" to add the record you just added - Is this the way the system is supposed to work? Is there way to have the record show the first time you add it via "New Borrower"?
  • Generally any object with an integration name that starts with $ or is in all caps are system objects. The failsafe way to check is to edit the object defnition -- you will be able to undeploy a system object.

Here is a list of the default system objects that cannot be undeployed or deleted:
    Communication Log (COMMLOG)
    Department ($ORG_DEPT)
    Function ($ORG_FUNC)
    Location ($ORG_LOCN)
    Group ($GROUP)
    Settings ($SETTINGS)
    User (USER)
  • Does not have an answer?
  • Hi Tory,

Can you point me to where I can take a look at this in your account? I am not following your explanation above but may if I can see how you've configured things.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • Ah, I see it now. You just needed to add the "Customer" lookup field to your New Borrower page. This allows you to associate a Borrower with a Customer when you are creating it.

Also, in the page editor for your New Borrower page, I set the "Use Record in Scope for New Objects" property for the Customer lookup field so that this will automatically be selected for you when you click New Borrower.
  • Can you explain to me what exactly the Lookup's do when added to a page? And where do you go to change the record in scope for new objects setting? Thanks for your help.
  • Lookups allow you to select related record(s) based on the relationship with that object.

You can turn on/off the record in scope functionality by editing the page, selecting the Lookup field in question, and toggling the Use record in scope property