Date Format changes - Rollbase Version 3.2.0.0 - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Date Format changes - Rollbase Version 3.2.0.0

Forum

Date Format changes - Rollbase Version 3.2.0.0

This question is not answered

Hello,

May I know where the Date format setting is being taken from? Is the Date Format a hardcoded value of "MM/dd/yyyy"? I have tried to change date Format settings under "My Settings" and also under "Localization" settings as well but it doesn't change the Date format for the user. May I know where this setting is taken from and how can I make it use some other date format if I wanted to?

All Replies
  • Hi,

Please use Settings -> My Localization Settings option to modify the Date format.

Thanks

Srinivas

• I tried that and even if I change the date Format over there, my Date control still retains the format: MM/dd/yyyy. Any suggestions why?

• When you say format remains same, is it in Views or in editor ? Can you share screenshot ? If you  are in Public Cloud, can you share Progress ID ?

• Hi Iram,

Please try changing the Date Format of the USER record. This might not be displayed on the pages but it should be available in the page designer.

Regards,
    Godfrey
  • See the date format remains the same. I have gone into the User settings and changed it to the one shown below:

• Please use Settings -> Personal Setup -> My Localization Settings for updating Date Format at User Level.

For Account Level use Settings -> Administration Setup -> Localization Settings

Date Format Field in User Page is there for backward compatibility.

We support all formats only in View mode. In edit mode we only support formats like MM/dd/yyyy or dd/MM/yyyy (No support for Month names)

This will be enhanced in a future release.

• 1) So just trying to understand this correctly, you support all formats in View mode of the Record View page?

2) If I change the date format for a particular user in the user settings page, would that have an effect on the actual date control on the New/Edit Page?

3) You mentioned that in the Edit Mode you only support MM/dd/yyyy or dd/MM/yyyy. Where can I change these settings to see the effect on the edit page? (Localization or User settings page)

Kindly let me know.

• 1) So just trying to understand this correctly, you support all formats in View mode of the Record View page?

Yes

2) If I change the date format for a particular user in the user settings page, would that have an effect on the actual date control on the New/Edit Page?

No

3) You mentioned that in the Edit Mode you only support MM/dd/yyyy or dd/MM/yyyy. Where can I change these settings to see the effect on the edit page? (Localization or User settings page)

Localization Settings

• There is no setting for dd/MM/yyyy in that list of Date format or other formats. So if I'm not wrong, you only support MM/dd/yyyy in the New/Edit page at this point in this release? The View page can have any setting from the list.

• The list of formats depends on your locale.

• Ok that explains something. So its not just dd/MM/yyyy and MM/dd/yyyy then, it can be yyyy/MM/dd (English (South Africa) or yyyy-MM-dd (English (Canada) as well? Is there a way I can get this date format setting from the script component? I have a date field and I would like to set its value on page load based on this date format.

• It's possible but I don't recommend it. You can store this value on a text field then convert it to a supported date format so you can save it on a date field. In addition, you also need to create a custom date picker to make the text field look like a date field on the UI.
  • Is there no way I can get the Localization Date Setting somehow using any helper methods?

• You can use rbf_formatDate() function to change the date value into a specific pattern. However, the value which uses the custom pattern cannot be saved in date fields. You still need a text field to hold and display this value on new/edit pages.
  • Hello Imran,
                    That is correct. It is currently a limitation with the newly introduced Localized date formats. We will introduce API to access those formats ( for current User  & for the current Tenant )  from script components.  
    Let me update you on a timeframe in this thread.

Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:58 AM
    To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
    Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Date Format changes - Rollbase Version 3.2.0.0

Reply by IramK

Is there no way I can get the Localization Date Setting somehow using any helper methods?

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.