I want to filter a view on a field which is of the type picklist (multiple), but when I look in dropdown list of fields in the filter component the field is not available. Is this expected behaviour?
The use case is that the customer has a list of projects with a project category. The project category can contain multiple values. Now the customer wants a list of projects of a certain category.
Filtering on Picklist (Multiple) is supported in Rollbase.
Request you to re-confirm that a Picklist (Multiple) type field is defined for the given Object Definition. If yes, it should be listed in the drop down list of fields of Filter View.
Also, please share following details:
Rollbase Environment i.e. Public Cloud / Private Cloud Deployment
If Private, deployment version details.
Do you have more than one list view configured in the Rollbase page where you are seeing this issue?
- I'm on a private cloud instance, currently running version: 22.214.171.124
- Field type Picklist (Multiple) is available for the object
- I have three views defined for this object
Two things to mention here.
The one condition wherein a field is not listed in the dropdown:
VIEW permissions are not enabled for this field definition against USER-ROLE.
Could you please re-confirm that this is not the case, if you are accessing the page with a different account than the one use to update Object Definition with this field.
Second, using filter components in multiple views, all in the same page has some issues. In such a scenario, scripting behavior is affected and user interaction with filter component such setting a field value is hindered.
Filtering on picklist (multiple) field is available with two options:
- not includes
You can reproduce for native Rollbase Object and regular Picklist (Multiple) field? Please clarify.
1) I'm administrator, so I don't think it has to do with permissions
2) Could be, do we understand each other correctly? I have one page with a listview and three views and I'm using the default filter of the listview.
We're planning to update to version 3.2.1, i'll retest when it is available to me.
It is a native Rollbase object and regular Picklist (Multiple) field.
Some screenshots for some context:
Please attach screen capture so I could understand the problem.
I see screen capture now. Can you do a simple thing:
1. Create new empty Object
2. Add one multi-select picklist
3. Check if you can filter on this picklist it in View
When I create a new object and add a multi select picklist, I can see the field:
But for existing objects it doesn't work:
I've tested this in 3.1.4, So for existing objects this is a problem, but when I create a new object it works correctly.
When we test it locally in 3.2.1 it's working as expected. But that's another database so the next step for us is to update our development environment to 3.2.1 and see if it works.
After upgrading to 3.2.1 the problem was solved!