Too many errors in grid with Unique field trigger? - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Too many errors in grid with Unique field trigger?

Forum

Too many errors in grid with Unique field trigger?

This question is not answered

I'm trying to force an unique field combination in a grid using a unique field trigger. It seems to be working OK, but throwing too many errors. My picture below will explain further:

In the picture below, every Supplier is the same. Every row contains a different Article, except for Row #1 and #4, they contain the same article. The unique field trigger does seem to do it's job, unfortunately the error is thrown 4 times, rather than once.

I have not entered a trigger condition, I only selected a field combination. I hope that's not the problem?

EDIT: I just noticed the unique field trigger triggers even when there are not more than 1 unique field combination.

All Replies
  • Unfortunately no, but I would appreciate it if you could take another look:

• Hello,

May I know the combination of the Article Price object? If this object has the unique fields combination trigger, it should fire an error if there is an existing combination in the Article Price object.

Thank you,
    Gian
  • Hi Gian, the third image is the Article Price unique field combination trigger.

• I forgot to add that the unique field combination trigger works on the New Article Price and Quick Create Article Price pages. But it doesn't work in the grid on the Edit Article page. Example below:

New Article Price page

Edit Article page Grid

• Hello,

The Price List field is not included in the Grid. It should be since the combination will check those 3 fields.

Thank you,

Gian

• Hi Gian, this is not possible. I am accessing the grid from the Edit Price List page, so I cannot include it:

• Hello,

But the three fields are showing correctly in the edit page you just showed previously. It should be possible to display all those fields in the grid as well. The fields that needs to be checked must be included in the form for it to be able to check for existing combinations.

Thank you,
    Gian