Batch job for performing an import is taking a long time to process - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Batch job for performing an import is taking a long time to process

Forum

Batch job for performing an import is taking a long time to process

• I created a new object completely from scratch and got the same error message. 

I am at a loss on what to try next.

• I had our server bounced and was able to process this new object without the error referenced above.  That seems like  a bug to me.

Here are the results of the import run in Bulk which took 3 minutes and 50 seconds:

[2014-10-24 11:08:06,520] Job "Create new records: Progress Tests: BULK for SRS Distribution Size=2823 KB [Row: 0, Completed: 0, Batch: 0ms]" (5999) placed in the queue.

[2014-10-24 11:08:06,523] Started: "Create new records: Progress Tests: BULK for SRS Distribution Size=2823 KB [Row: 0, Completed: 0, Batch: 0ms]" (5999)

[2014-10-24 11:08:06,525] Create new records: Progress Tests: BULK for SRS Distribution Size=2823 KB [Row: 0, Completed: 0, Batch: 0ms]

[2014-10-24 11:11:56,648] Finished: "Create new records: Progress Tests: BULK for SRS Distribution Size=2823 KB [Row: 54516, Completed: 54514, Batch: 404ms]" (5999)

Please let me know what you need me to do next.

• Hello,

I will check the clone object issue. Can you create a custom relationship to the object you need to attach this from and then add the same triggers that runs when you are doing an import so that we can test what really is causing the slowness of the import process.

Let me know how it goes,

Thanks,
    Gian
  • Gian,

I am not sure what you are asking me here.

• Sorry, please follow this steps so that we can trace what is the cause of the slowness.

1. Add relationship to the cloned object to the related objects. (You told us that you have two attach triggers and an update trigger). We need to replicate this process in the cloned object.

Object A
    Object B
    Object C
    Object C (Cloned)

Object C (Cloned) must have the same relationship as Object C to Object A and B so that we can add the attach triggers in Object C (Cloned) and after that you can retest the import. The bulk test only ran in minutes so I want to know how long will it take if those triggers are enabled.

You can delete the custom relationship after the testing is done.

Thank you,
    Gian