how to Show recently uploaded PDF file in Field - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

how to Show recently uploaded PDF file in Field

Forum

how to Show recently uploaded PDF file in Field

• Hi All,

How can i show recently uploaded/created PDF File in field,Kindly look into the Attached Doc for better understand of my problem.PDF Upload.docx

Thanks,
    Sudhakar.

• Hi Sudhakar,

We can achieve the desired behavior using 'Related Filed'

Steps:

-> Establish 1:M or 1:1 relationship between 'Post Close Info' and 'Conditions' object.

-> Create a field of type 'Related Field' in 'Post Close Info' which points to file upload field in 'Condition'.

-> Attach 'Post Close Info' record whenever you are creating 'Condition' record. Then, related field will show the value in 'Post Close Info' record details page. Otherwise, it will show empty as no record is attached to get the value for related field.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

• RelatedField.png

Find attached screen shot.

• Thanks for reply ,

I tried to do the same thing,

i have 1:M relation b/w both object,when i tried to create related field from post close info the conditions object is showing in related Object.

Actually this the issue why im here.

Thanks,

Sudhakar.

Thanks,
    Sudhakar.

• Hi Sudhakar,

Sorry for the misleading information.

-> Establish M:1 or 1:1 relationship between 'Post Close Info' and 'Conditions' object.

Then, you can achieve it.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

• no issue ,every one get confused,not a big deal.

is there any way to achieve  above requirement with out changing the Relation ship,why because we need 1:M relation in b/w those object.

Thanks,

Sudhakar.

Thanks,
    Sudhakar.

• FormulaField_1.png

Hi Sudhakar,

It can be achievable using 'Formula Field' if you just want to print the file name in a field.

Find attached screen shot for details.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

• Hi ,

I am not getting wer im going wrong,the formula field is always showing to me wrong PDF.

Thanks,
    Sudhakar.

Thanks,
    Sudhakar.

• Can you please let me know what will happen if I change 1:M to M:1(we have huge amount of existed records,what happens to existed records if we change the relationship now)

Thanks,
    Sudhakar.