How do you redirect to a custom login when a session is expi

Posted by jsniemi79 on 26-Mar-2015 13:03

I have a custom login page setup.  I can use it to login and the session property for logout is set to direct the user back to the custom page.  However, there are several other ways a session is terminated, like session expiration, second login, etc.  In those situations, the user is taken to the default login page instead of the custom page.  I would like our customer page to be the only one that the end user ever gets to see.  Is there a way to set a redirect for our default login to always go to the custom page?

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 26-Apr-2018 06:57

Bug report has been created: return url is not getting honored when logging out of RB.

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 26-Mar-2015 13:53

Please make sure you have hidden "rt" parameter on your custom login page with URL of that page:

<input type="hidden" name="rt" value="www.acmeisv.com/.../customLogin.html">

Posted by jsniemi79 on 26-Mar-2015 13:56

I have a hidden "rt" parameter.  That appears to work to redirect me to my login page when I choose to logout, but not if the session times out or some other process kills my session.

Posted by pvorobie on 26-Mar-2015 14:10

I confirm the issue, tracking as PSC00329811

Posted by jsniemi79 on 26-Mar-2015 14:30

Thank you very much.

Any suggestions on a work around I can put in place in the meantime?  I'd like to provide as consistent of an experience for the end user as possible.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 30-Mar-2015 10:13

Hello,

I need to check if the default login page can be configured. If it can be configured, I am thinking that it might be possible to add a redirect script on that page.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 30-Mar-2015 10:31

That would be great.  Thanks for looking into this Gian.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 31-Mar-2015 11:01

Hello,

If you can't wait for the next version release fix, I believe you can add a javascript redirect script in the loginPrivate.jsp file located at [Rollbase Folder Path]/Pas_Instance/webapps/router/login/.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Gian

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 20-Apr-2018 09:07

I have created a custom login page for one of my tenants.

Also I added the hidden field 'rt' which works fine when I i.e. enter incorrect credentials.

However, logging out of Rollbase takes me to the default login page -> not ok.

Tested this in Rollbase 5.1.

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 26-Apr-2018 06:57

Bug report has been created: return url is not getting honored when logging out of RB.

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 10-Oct-2018 07:34

There was actually a form element missing in the documentation that caused this to fail.
Documentation bug has been reported and this will be added asap.

If you add the following form element, the redirect URI should be honored:

<input type="hidden" name="CustomLogin" value="true">

Posted by jniemi@vyco.com on 10-Oct-2018 07:41

I was told earlier this year this option was no longer available for Private Cloud users and we needed to create our own jsp pages instead of this solution. Is that not accurate?  Should we be able to use these forms instead?

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 10-Oct-2018 07:49

Hi, tested this myself and seems to work like a charm. (RB 5.3.0)

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 10-Oct-2018 07:49

Hi, tested this myself and seems to work like a charm. (RB 5.3.0)

This thread is closed