Mobile app call to Rollbase Private Cloud REST service encountering CORS error - Forum - Rollbase - Progress Community

Mobile app call to Rollbase Private Cloud REST service encountering CORS error

Forum

Mobile app call to Rollbase Private Cloud REST service encountering CORS error

This question is not answered

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://xxx.xxxx.com/rest/mobile/api/static/home.html. This can be fixed by moving the resource to the same domain or enabling CORS.

Above is the error I get if I run a mobile app generated via the mobile app development in our Private Cloud (the same one as what the call is made to) but if I host the mobile app files on a different domain.  Makes sense this could be an issue but I see the CORS configuration in the private clouds REST web.xml:

<filter>
        <filter-name>CORSFilter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>com.rb.rest.logics.filter.CORSFilter</filter-class>
        </filter>
        <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>CORSFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/mobile/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

Also I have put the following in the private cloud's Tomcat web.xml:

<filter>
  <filter-name>CorsFilter</filter-name>
  <filter-class>org.apache.catalina.filters.CorsFilter</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>CorsFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

Still getting the CORS error, any suggestions on what's missing?
All Replies
  • Hi ,

In Rollbase Private cloud instance, If the mobile app files are hosted in a different domain then you need to add the CORS regluar expression in shared.properties

RBMobile_CORS.Allow_origin.HOST = %RBMobileCORSOriginRegx%

RBMobileCORSOriginRegx value should be a regular expression that matches the Origin of the header of the request.

Example: If the Mobile app is hosted on abc.test.com domain, then RBMobileCORSOriginRegx should be like .*test\\.abc\\.com$

Hope this helps you.