Private Cloud : Third Party Software

Posted by araqiel on 18-Aug-2014 04:41

Hello,

I would like to know if third party softwares are defined or if I can install other applications provides the documentation ?

If possible, by what means do I ?

Thanks

Posted by Mani Kumar on 18-Aug-2014 04:51

Hi Johan,

Below are the set of 3rd party softwares that Rollbase supports:

* PDF Converter

* JExcel API

* Aspose Words for Java

* Aspose PDF Kit for Java

* Access JDBC Driver

* Fusion Charts

* Fusion Widgets

You can download these softwares from the respective software provider.

Please follow below URL for more information related to Third Party Software You Can Install:

http://documentation.progress.com/output/Rollbase/index.html#page/rb/Rollbase.401.html#

Is this the information you are looking for?

Regards,

Mani.

[collapse]
From: araqiel [mailto:bounce-araqiel@community.progress.com]
Sent: 18 August 2014 15:12
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Private Cloud : Third Party Software

Thread created by araqiel

Hello,

I would like to know if third party softwares are defined or if I can install other applications provides the documentation ?

Thanks

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 18-Aug-2014 06:06

Our implementation of these functionality is tied to the APIs of these particular third party libraries. So as of now you cannot wire another third party library that provides similar functionality.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 15-Mar-2016 01:35

Hi Ruben,

Aspose has discontinued Aspose PDF Kit for Java and they have replaced it with Aspose.Pdf for Java.

So we now integrate with that. See documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

An update - We have 4.2 release tentatively planned for April 30 where we would have open source alternatives implemented for MS Access Import, Aspose Words (Using Apache POI and docx4j) and Aspose PDF (Using Apache PDFBox)

Till that time please use trial versions of these if available or use Public Cloud.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 18-Aug-2014 04:51

Hi Johan,

Below are the set of 3rd party softwares that Rollbase supports:

* PDF Converter

* JExcel API

* Aspose Words for Java

* Aspose PDF Kit for Java

* Access JDBC Driver

* Fusion Charts

* Fusion Widgets

You can download these softwares from the respective software provider.

Please follow below URL for more information related to Third Party Software You Can Install:

http://documentation.progress.com/output/Rollbase/index.html#page/rb/Rollbase.401.html#

Is this the information you are looking for?

Regards,

Mani.

[collapse]
Sent: 18 August 2014 15:12
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Private Cloud : Third Party Software

Thread created by araqiel

Hello,

Thanks

[/collapse]

Posted by araqiel on 18-Aug-2014 05:03

Only these softwares ?

Posted by Mani Kumar on 18-Aug-2014 05:15

Hi Johan,

Can you please let me know if you are looking for any specific third party software?

Regards,

Mani.

[collapse]
Sent: 18 August 2014 15:34
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Private Cloud : Third Party Software

Reply by araqiel

Only these softwares ?

[/collapse]

Posted by araqiel on 18-Aug-2014 05:22

Hi Mani,

For example, an open source PDF writer, Jasper Reports (en.wikipedia.org/.../JasperReports).

Best Regards,

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 18-Aug-2014 06:06

Our implementation of these functionality is tied to the APIs of these particular third party libraries. So as of now you cannot wire another third party library that provides similar functionality.

Posted by araqiel on 18-Aug-2014 07:21

Ok. I understand...

I would like test Aspose Words and Aspose PDF Java Kit. But Java Kit no longer exist. So .jar not compatible with Rollbase. For Aspose Words the trial version doesn't give the license. So is not possible to test this software.

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 27-Aug-2014 21:40

Request you to use a trial account on Public Cloud for such testing if you are not able to procure trial versions. We are working on improving the use of Third party libraries like these in future releases

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 08-Mar-2016 02:01

[quote user="araqiel"]

Ok. I understand...

I would like test Aspose Words and Aspose PDF Java Kit. But Java Kit no longer exist. So .jar not compatible with Rollbase. For Aspose Words the trial version doesn't give the license. So is not possible to test this software.

[/quote]

Is there any update on this (forget about the Aspose Words part)? As Araqiel mentioned the Aspose PDF Kit is no longer available as a product (discontinued). Any other solutions for private cloud / PDF generation with native integration with Rollbase ?

Posted by Mani Kumar on 08-Mar-2016 02:13

Hi Ruben,

You can use PD4ML for this. You can get the trial jars from below URL:

http://pd4ml.com/download.htm

-Mani

Posted by Anoop Premachandran on 15-Mar-2016 01:35

Hi Ruben,

Aspose has discontinued Aspose PDF Kit for Java and they have replaced it with Aspose.Pdf for Java.

So we now integrate with that. See documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

An update - We have 4.2 release tentatively planned for April 30 where we would have open source alternatives implemented for MS Access Import, Aspose Words (Using Apache POI and docx4j) and Aspose PDF (Using Apache PDFBox)

Till that time please use trial versions of these if available or use Public Cloud.

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 15-Mar-2016 02:20

[quote user="Anoop Premachandran"]An update - We have 4.2 release tentatively planned for April 30 where we would have open source alternatives implemented for MS Access Import, Aspose Words (Using Apache POI and docx4j) and Aspose PDF (Using Apache PDFBox)[/quote]

That is what I wanted to hear :), thanks Anoop!

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 14-Jun-2016 02:55

I just installed RB4.2, but I am still getting the following message when trying to map a PDF template(I think it's still referring to the Aspose PDF trial version I installed once):

Anything else I need to do for this to use the Apache PDFBox?

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 14-Jun-2016 03:15

Never mind. Still had a .jar file of Aspose PDF in my tomcat lib, after removing that it worked fine.

This thread is closed