OpenEdge Installation & Deployment - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Installation & Deployment

• Make maxservrinstance in ubroker.properties dynamic field

We control license codes via the maxserverinstance entry within the ubroker.properties file. This entry currently is not dynamic, which leads us to have to stop/start the broker for the license code change. Currently with the stop/start method to applying...
  • Using different JDK/JRE for AdminService

Since JDK is installed with OpenEdge, $DLC/bin/java_env always use this specific Java version. But as the JDK shipped with OpenEdge 11.5 for example is 1.7.0_45 which suffers from several problems, I would like to start the AdminService with the latest...
  • Proactive Strategy for Data Execution Prevention in Windows

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    After weeks of struggling with an obscure OE bug in Windows (that never affected us on HP-UX) I opened a support case and discovered that Progress doesn't even support the default configuration of a certain Windows feature (Data Execution Prevention...
  • provide feature to create an .msi installer

Provide the means to create a custom .msi file, which includes the AP’s 3 rd party products and OpenEdge products such as Client Networking. Being able to create your own .msi is preferred over providing a merge module.
  • Please integrate OE Management with LDAP/AD

I have been an openedge management user since version 1. The most annoying piece of the product is user management. I have multiple servers to deal with and every time we hired a new developer/admin, I would have to set up an account for them on multiple...
  • Enforce Data Execution Prevention on shipped .dll's

Some .dll's shipped with OpenEdge do not have DEP enabled. Would like to have DEP enabled on all .dll's shipped with OpenEdge.
  • Ease In-Place Progress Product updates

Provide an installer which allows to update an installed OpenEdge product in-place, i. e. without the need to manually de-install and to re-apply the configuration. It should figure the installation details itself (i. g. DLC directory).
  • Command line ABLDoc

There should be a CLI command for generating ABLDoc. According to documentation it's currently limited to either Eclipse or ANT. Having a generic command line program that can do this makes it easier to integrate whatever build system you might...
  • Windows processes: put identifying features FIRST

When the whole java / ABL stack has become unusable due to networking changes, it can help to kill WebSpeed agents (_progres.exe) and WebSpeed brokers (java.exe). But... the identifying features are so far back along the command line that the command...
  • Oracle Virtual Manager (OVM).

Good afternoon, Progress could endorse Oracle virtualization platform, Oracle Virtual Manager (OVM). Our environment is solaris and we are interested in virtualizing. Thank you.