OpenEdge Installation & Deployment - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Installation & Deployment

• Deployment Tool that recognizes changes in schema.

The online database changes specifically has expanded to discussion that not only center around database changes, but code deployment and how to have the OE stack (client, appserver, webspeed, .NET clients, etc) realize the changes in schema.
  • Installation Webclient

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Hi! I want an option so I can choose to install WebClient as current user even if I'm local admin on the computer. My customers change permisson now and then and then this option is very useful. Once the WebClient was installed as a local admin...
  • provide an .msi Installer

A number of customers and prospects standardize on corporate policies that require deploying at least the client machine installations using centralized Administration tools requiring the installers provided as .msi files.
  • WebSpeed requires administrator privileges on Windows

As per knowledge base article 000001382, the WebSpeed broker on Windows needs to be started with a user that has administrator privileges. This is a gaping security hole allowing any error in application code to easily be elevated to compromise the...
  • make OpenEdge on Windows adapt to the dpi scaling factor

Install (by default) the progress.exe.manifest and eclipse.exe.manifest file for high resolution screens with attribute dpiAware set to true to allow users to set the display scaling to greater 100%. For PDSOE, eclipse.exe.manifest is installed by default...
  • WebClient - Running Disconnected

Today, WebClient requires an active network connection so upon app startup it can connect to a Webserver and check for application updates. After checking/updating the app it then starts the actual ABL application. If unable to connect to the WebServer...
  • Service Pack Release notes should list products that require application of this...

Enhance the Service Pack and HotFix Release Notes. It should include a kind of “related OpenEdge product and features” list. For example: “This Service Pack addresses issues of OpenEdge Enterprise RDBMS, Auditing, Progress Developer...
  • Have more options to config oebpm in the installer

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    In the new OE release, can we have some options to config the hostname, portal admin username, portal admin password and sbm webapp name in the installer? Please see following support calls: https://progress.my.salesforce.com/500a000000sDFuQ https...
  • Eliminate the need to copy promsgs files for each user in a Terminal server setu...

Eliminate promsgs contention issue with Terminal Server installations. (possible issue documented in KB article http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P22024 )
  • Make maxservrinstance in ubroker.properties dynamic field

We control license codes via the maxserverinstance entry within the ubroker.properties file. This entry currently is not dynamic, which leads us to have to stop/start the broker for the license code change. Currently with the stop/start method to applying...