OpenEdge Installation & Deployment - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Installation & Deployment

• Add Clone/Copy option to OpenEdge management/explorer servers

Currently, when you want to set up a new AppServer (or any other resource for that matter) in OE Management, based on an existing resource you have two options: - Copy/paste/adapt the corresponding section in ubroker.properties. This implies having...
  • Set dpiAware By OpenEdge Installer

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    High Resolution Displays are more and more standard in business application. Users like the sharp and bright view of icons and other graphical stuff. Most of them dislike small fonts. Therefore they “change the size for text, apps and other items”...
  • Command-line support for Webclient Application Assembler

When creating an webclient version, always the 'generate' has to be used in the Webclient Application Assembler. It would be nice if the process of creating a Webclient package can be fully automated.
  • Automatically create AppServer log directory

Hi, Currently, when you try to start an AppServer and the specified log file directory does not exist, the server doesn't start, but you also don't get any indication as to what has gone wrong. You can't look for the error in the log file...
  • Allow AD/LDAP authentication for OE Management

Enhance OEM/OEE to along with default Fathom realm authentication to also allow LDAP/AD logins.
  • Installer should allow to set the AdminServer's Process Pooling Port at installation...

The AdminServer Process Pooling port is set to 4444 and cannot be changed at installation time. (This port gets defined in the fathom.config file, which is only created during installation). Request: Provide this port number as an installation parameter...
  • Sign the executables for the windows webclient or prowc.exe.

We would like to sign the executables for the windows webclient or prowc.exe. As per the vulnerability report from our security group: Digitally signing executable and scripts confirms the software author and guarantees that the code has not been...
  • Ability for client to use contents of zip files as part of PROPATH

Instead of using procedure libraries, since it has limitations of what can go into it...it would be nice if you could create zip files that contain the r code, images, wrx files, etc that could be part of the PROPATH. PROPATH=R:\progress program\version5...
  • Deployment Tool that recognizes changes in schema.

The online database changes specifically has expanded to discussion that not only center around database changes, but code deployment and how to have the OE stack (client, appserver, webspeed, .NET clients, etc) realize the changes in schema.
  • Installation Webclient

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Hi! I want an option so I can choose to install WebClient as current user even if I'm local admin on the computer. My customers change permisson now and then and then this option is very useful. Once the WebClient was installed as a local admin...