OpenEdge Database - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Database

• Make trigger r-code reside in the database

• Under Review
    • 3 Comments
    Replication and Schema triggers r-code should be stored in the database. The CRUD operations cannot work without them. Currently if your PROPATH is not setup properly if an operation causes a trigger to fire, the code will not be found. If the r-code...
  • Have an option on backup to generate a dbanalys file

• Not Planned
    • 2 Comments
    This has been on the list for years, but I will give you a specific use case so you can understand that not having this incurs additional downtime. Dump and load processing looks like this: Shutdown Backup - 30 minutes Dbanalys - 30 minutes...
  • know where all the databases are on Windows

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    On UNIX/Linux there is the "proutil -C dbipcs" command to show where all the running databases are on the OS. On WIndows there is no such command. Ideally, a command that uses conmgr.properties and then determines which one is running would...
  • Redesign promon

I believe the will always be value in a character-mode DB monitor, so I'm not suggesting replacing promon with a GUI tool or a web tool. I'm not opposed to such UIs in principle but the character promon client shouldn't go away and shouldn't...
  • Certify OE 11 as FIPS 140-2 Compliant

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    The US federal government requires FIPS 140-2 compliant solutions for encryption, transmission and storage of PII data. Lacking FIPS 140-2 compliance, we have to utilize 3rd party vendors top provide this functionality which is proving difficult/impossible...
  • Option to Autostart AIW

Currently in OEM you can configure BIW and APW resources to autostart with the DB, but as far as I can see you have to manually start the AIW. Please can this be added to the OEM features so we don't keep forgetting to start it.
  • More intuitive command lines for DB admin

This is something that really bugs me every time I'm configuring things. At the moment that's a lot because I'm setting up a new server for migration, and I had to set up a test migration server too. A lot of the commands I run are counter...
  • Implement control on database logging (.lg) verbosity and type of events to include...

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    Implement setting on the database side to control the verbosity of the logging and to be able to exclude some types of log events. In our case the database .lg file gets flooded with: P-2359410 T-1 I ABL 7: (7129) Usr 7 set name to batch@xxxx.com. P...
  • When running idxfix opt 6, identify the table (and maybe primary key/key values of...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Give the user an indication which table the record in question is in would be helpful, ex. “You’re deleting table [_file]customer with [_index-field]cust-num 12345. Are you sure?”
  • Idxfix reporting in the database log file

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    When running idxfix tool, add to the DB log file the area/tablename/indexes that are being scanned and repaired. Also, the validation option that were selected.