OpenEdge Database - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Database

• Make the crash recovery system faster

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Details: When a Progress database crashes, the database has to go through crash recovery before letting users back into the system. When this happens all incomplete transactions are backed out and the database is put back into a consistent state. The...
  • Add Binary Load Online (Tenant Aware) Capability to a MT Replication Enabled Dat...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Currently, the ability to add data to a tenant online through a binary load of a multi-tenant replication enabled database does not exist. We have recently started utilizing replication to provide a more robust DR strategy for our customers. We regularly...
  • Enable Conversion of DateTime fields to DateTime-TZ fields Within Dictionary Mai...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    I notice that for some time it has been possible to convert INTEGER field type to INT64 within dictionary maintenance. Would it be possible to add datetime to datetime-tz as well. As our product is reaching larger markets we are beginning to see situations...
  • Identify Database by Abl / R-Code

Nowadays there is no way to identify which database (Progress, Oracle or MSSQL) a program was compiled. Only internal procedures on Openedge can do it, when we got errors 869 e 916. Would be nice if exists a method on abl or r-code info to identify it...
  • Add Multitenant SuperTenant "Sets" Capability

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Right now a supertenant can look at any tenant data in a MT database, and this is ok for cases where a single "owner" uses the database (ie a company with multiple warehouses). For cases where a database is used by multiple, different entities...
  • Add Word index support to SQL clients

Accessing the OpenEdge database using SQL clients via JDBC would greatly benefit from being able to use word indexs.
  • Add parameter name in OE Management

When you bring up the config pages in OE Management you get a verbose name for the parameter you are setting but there is no indication what the actual parameter is that this refers to. It should be a lot clearer. How do I know which parameter I am actually...
  • Add index on _UserTableStat and _IndexTableStat

If I want to find out Index and Table usage stats for a particular user I use the code below. It works fine but it's ridiculously slow, as is the one on _IndexTableStat that's similar. Please could an index for _UserTableStat-Conn and _UserIndexStat...
  • Support for Failover Cluster Manager on Linux platform

OE RDBMS is supported and certified on many platforms also incredible linux platforms. But support for failover cluster is narrowed to enterprise class platforms (IBM & HP) and Windows Server (only 64-bit platform). It would be wonderful to get...
  • New Database Server parameter, preventing the selection of unspecified values (?...

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    Quote from the documentation: http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge114/pdfs/webpapers/ABL_triggers_and_indexes.pdf (site 24) "Indexes and unknown values. If an index contains an Unknown value (?), the AVM sorts that value higher than...