OpenEdge Database - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Database

• Allow prostrct list when db path is wrong

• Under Review
    If you copy the DB to different path and you have no valid .st file there is no way to repair the db. The list command should always work and just export the .st files with the current paths (or maybe just with dots). The user can then correct them manually...
  • Separate Index Selection for WHERE and for BY

The current implementation of Index Selection Rules practically excludes the BY phrase to be taken into consideration when selecting index(es). At least when developers make sure that it is the WHERE phrase that gets the attention as it limits the number...
  • OE Explorer - UI Refresh

• Under Review
    The current OE Explorer UI is clunky and harder to use than it needs to be given current UI functionality out there, and it needs to be updated so it's easier to use.
  • Add LDAP into the core OpenEdge product

• Under Review
    There has been talk on this subject and as I understand it was close to being added to OpenEdge at one point but since was taken off the table. Why? MIS / I.T. managers demand that applications that are installed in their domain support LDAP/AD so as...
  • Support for Failover Cluster Manager on Linux platform

OE RDBMS is supported and certified on many platforms also incredible linux platforms. But support for failover cluster is narrowed to enterprise class platforms (IBM & HP) and Windows Server (only 64-bit platform). It would be wonderful to get...
  • VST field for date/time of last AI extent switch

There is no field in _DbStatus or in _ActAILog to show the time stamp of the last AI extent switch. I would like to be able to monitor this as there are situations where the AIMD may stop switching extents, e.g. when it runs out of space in the last...
  • Option to Autostart AIW

Currently in OEM you can configure BIW and APW resources to autostart with the DB, but as far as I can see you have to manually start the AIW. Please can this be added to the OEM features so we don't keep forgetting to start it.
  • Avoid large log files

Database log files often grow very large. Analysis inside a text or log-file editor is not so handy. I suggest you to manage database log files in a more conveniently way. A very basic enhancement would be the definition of a threshold size (just like...
  • Copy DB and schema

No idea if this is something that others would want, but currently I need to copy a database and its schema and it would be a lot easier if I could do this with a simple procopy style command.
  • Support for RIGHT OUTER-JOIN

Hi, RIGHT OUTER-JOIN is currently not a part of the ABL syntax. The knowledge base states: "In the 4GL, you can also implement a RIGHT-OUTER-JOIN by using a LEFT-OUTER-JOIN with the tables in reverse order..." This will however result...