OpenEdge Database - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Database

• Are there plans for a GUI or web based version of promon?

• Not Planned
    • 1 Comments
    Are there plans for a GUI or web based version of promon? Thanks.
  • Enhancement request: 'IN' operator for where clause

OpenEdge currently doesn't have an 'IN' operator like SQL has. Example: SELECT * FROM customer WHERE state IN ('MA', 'NY', 'FL'). There are some ways to do this in OpenEdge: 1) FOR EACH customer WHERE LOOKUP(state...
  • Identify Database by Abl / R-Code

Nowadays there is no way to identify which database (Progress, Oracle or MSSQL) a program was compiled. Only internal procedures on Openedge can do it, when we got errors 869 e 916. Would be nice if exists a method on abl or r-code info to identify it...
  • Make the crash recovery system faster

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Details: When a Progress database crashes, the database has to go through crash recovery before letting users back into the system. When this happens all incomplete transactions are backed out and the database is put back into a consistent state. The...
  • Add parameter name in OE Management

When you bring up the config pages in OE Management you get a verbose name for the parameter you are setting but there is no indication what the actual parameter is that this refers to. It should be a lot clearer. How do I know which parameter I am actually...
  • Improved database authentication (primarily Active Directory and LDAP)

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    The lack of network authentication to the backend is a significant hole in the current database product, especially at scale. Other major databases generally allow for database authentication via Active Directory or LDAP (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL, etc.). Advantages...
  • Allow AI archiver to trip aged files.

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    AI archiver stores or archives closed AI files. Adding a function to allow the archiver to remove out dated or aged files will be useful. Without this function something must be put in place to further move or remove files or run out of storage.
  • Add rowversion functionality

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Hi, Many of our customers do ETL on our databases. In order to optimize/minimize the number of records loaded and scanned, it would be handy to have a field in each table that gets updated on every change. We could add a timestamp field and modify it...
  • System table descriptions

Some of the more recently-added system tables have description values (_file._desc). Please add descriptions for all system tables and views.
  • Back up and restore per area

When doing f.e. maintenance on one area in a large database (view TB's), I need to back up the whole database. To backup only the area that I going to maintain saves time and disk space. Also in case of corruption in one area, I need to restore the...