OpenEdge Database - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Database

• New Database Server parameter, preventing the selection of unspecified values (?...

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    Quote from the documentation: http://documentation.progress.com/output/OpenEdge114/pdfs/webpapers/ABL_triggers_and_indexes.pdf (site 24) "Indexes and unknown values. If an index contains an Unknown value (?), the AVM sorts that value higher than...
  • Probkup option to output analysis file

This has been suggested in the past; I think I heard it from Mike Furgal. The request is to add syntax to probkup to optionally have it output an analysis file (db/tab/idx/ch).
  • Better support for concatenated queries

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Per https://progress.my.salesforce.com/kA0a0000000ddpD I think there should be a cleaner way to use SQL to query data and achieve the same results. OR create a new structure (Stored Procedure) that can be executed from the SQL statement to accomplish...
  • Extend OEM alert watches beyond scheduled period

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    In our OEM standard installation, I have several schedules applied to a database over the course of a day - regular hours, backup period and 2 overnight periods (because schedules cannot cross midnight). An alert on busy DB activities was thrown at the...
  • Provide more information in database lg file when Corporate scanning tool connects...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Clarifying Information Qualys Corporate Vulnerability Scan is being run against the database. Port scanner is scanning the database listener port. Clients are not being disconnected. Database is not being abnormally shut down. Error in log...
  • Make offline and online backup to show same output.

Probkup offline and online output different outputs. Could online backup gain those two lines in bold from offline backup? Offline backup: 0 BI blocks will be dumped. (6688) The blocksize is 8192. (6994) Backup requires an estimated 885.0...
  • Add Multitenant SuperTenant "Sets" Capability

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Right now a supertenant can look at any tenant data in a MT database, and this is ok for cases where a single "owner" uses the database (ie a company with multiple warehouses). For cases where a database is used by multiple, different entities...
  • Change field POSITION from SQL/resurrect the PRO_RPOS attribute

The real-world problem here is that without the ability to change field POSITION, schema changes can't be reverted from SQL. If you delete a column from the middle of a table and re-add it, it's position will be different. That causes the CRC...
  • Log threshold for adminserver logs

So that we would not need to manually make some scripts which are cleaning up the adminserver log, Progress should add the threshold for Progress adminserver logs. Similar funtionality is available for appserver but it should be a standard method for...
  • Make TDE tenant configurable

At this point, since all multi-tenant objects need to reside in Type II areas, it's is not possible to configure TDE per area / tenant. It's only possible to enable TDE per table / index / LOB which means that each of those would result in encryption...