OpenEdge Database - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Database

• Add support to the existing default Linux unixODBC library (instead of having to...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Add Progress support to the existing default Linux UnixODBC library (instead of the UnixODBC library shipped with the Progress ODBC driver). For PHP to work under Red Hat/CentOS Linux for example there is 2 ways to use the Progress ODBC driver: using...
  • Location Parameter for Horizontal Partitioning

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    If we allow a default first parameter for horizontal partitions set as TENANT/SITE we can set a default value for this parameter, it will then allow us to get similar benefit as vertical partitioning while still being able to use horizontal partitioning...
  • Add additional attributes to database files and fields

I'd like to see SERIALIZE-NAME, SERIALIZE-HIDDEN, XML-NODE-NAME, XML-NODE-TYPE, XML-DATA-TYPE added to the Data Dictionary for Fields and Tables where relevant. Our field names were designed many years ago and not real user friendly when reading...
  • Progress OpenEdge Explorer timeout causes any unsaved work to be lost

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Enhancement to have a visible alert that time is about to expire (possibly make this configurable). Customer began modifications...got interrupted...browser session timed out and lost all changes.
  • Log should create after successful .df file load

Hi All, I am just working with one customer and really like the idea towards enhancing the log captured mechanism during DF logs. We only have .e files created when there is error in DF load. Customer wants to see log messages as well when after every...
  • Enable Conversion of DateTime fields to DateTime-TZ fields Within Dictionary Mai...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    I notice that for some time it has been possible to convert INTEGER field type to INT64 within dictionary maintenance. Would it be possible to add datetime to datetime-tz as well. As our product is reaching larger markets we are beginning to see situations...
  • Log a message for BI extend

It would be nice to have the option, perhaps as a broker startup parameter, to log a message to the db log when the BI file is extended. The process of investigating excessive BI growth after the fact involves long, painstaking analysis of AI scans...
  • ODBC/SQL: Allow dynamic, transactionally-safe sequence updates

Sequences should be able to be updated to dynamic values in a transactionally-atomic manner (e.g. setting the current value to MIN(a, b)). Possible use-cases include using a self-join to find the first unused id and setting the index for other clients...
  • Support "SELECT .. ORDER BY .. FOR UPDATE"

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    When I use "SELECT .. ORDER BY .. FOR UPDATE" in sql, I get some errors. From the below syntax, I would expect it is supported. SELECT [ ALL | DISTINCT ] [ TOP n ] { * | { table_name | alias} * [ , { table_name| alias} * ] ... | expr [ ...
  • Add exceptions (exclusion filters) to database-request statement caching

Background With database-request statement caching you can see, what a specific client is doing (= the stack trace of the last database-request statement) : http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P150383 This can be handy, for instance...