OpenEdge Database - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Database

• BI Real usage Size

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Hi All, We have our db's with BI size 6+12 GB fixed extent followed by variable extent. we start our db's with bigrow 48. We have BI block size 16K and Cluster size 128MB. So we have 52 [48+4] clusters created as soon as we have the db's...
  • Use Data Dictionary with no compiler installed

Please enhance the Data Dictionary code so it is fully functional (i.e. no menu functions grayed out) without 4GL Development System (or some other development product) installed. I want to be able to deploy and run an OpenEdge database with only Enterprise...
  • Add a option to the OEM console to connect to an offline remote admin server

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Currently when a remote admin server is off line on the console screen. The customer is required to shut down the OEM admin server and re-start it. After the OEM restart the problem remote admin server may be on line. There have been times when one or...
  • Extend proutil increaseto to include tablerangesize/indexrangesize

I'd like to be able to increase -tablerangesize and -indexrangesize without bouncing the database.
  • New 11.3 OE Management Remote Authentication ERRONEOUSLY Requires Access to /etc...

PROBLEM: When adding a remote container in OE Management 11.3, you must provide the username and password of the user that started the AdminServer on the remote host. BUT...if it is NOT root, the password cannot be authentication against the /etc/shadow...
  • VST fields for OERepl total & free pica buffer entries

I'm sure this has been requested in the past but I don't see an existing idea for it. Today, the counts for free and used pica buffer entries is available in promon R&D 1 16 but not in the VSTs. So the only monitoring option is to screen...
  • More intuitive command lines for DB admin

This is something that really bugs me every time I'm configuring things. At the moment that's a lot because I'm setting up a new server for migration, and I had to set up a test migration server too. A lot of the commands I run are counter...
  • Make it easier to report on actual free space in a storage area

Currently the information in VSTs doesn't show a true reflection of free space as blocks that previously had records in them that have been deleted are still reported in the used space. You can get the real ustilisation of a storage area from the...
  • Make table partitioning work with multi tenancy

As our databases are multi-tenant, we can't make use of the table partitioning features. So I think it would make sense if table partitioning can be applied to multi-tenant tables.
  • VST field for DB server hostname

It would be helpful to have a VST field, perhaps in _dbstatus, to store the DB server hostname (same value that is in the database lock file). The use-case is in on-premise application copy-protection, being able to compare the actual hostname to an...