OpenEdge Database - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Database

• More intuitive command lines for DB admin

This is something that really bugs me every time I'm configuring things. At the moment that's a lot because I'm setting up a new server for migration, and I had to set up a test migration server too. A lot of the commands I run are counter...
  • Auto-create of startup scripts

I've been having to do some maintenance on our DB startup parameters recently and realised again why I dislike OE Explorer. It made me think it would be useful to have a button to allow you to auto-generate a startup script based on the settings in...
  • Make table partitioning work with multi tenancy

As our databases are multi-tenant, we can't make use of the table partitioning features. So I think it would make sense if table partitioning can be applied to multi-tenant tables.
  • Fix DB API tools to work with single-user db connections

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    This KB says Progress hasn't decided if this is a doc or product bug. I submit it's a product bug - one shouldn't be forced to start a server just to do admin work to a db. http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000053068?q=000053068&l...
  • Database views

Implement views into database (maybe could be thought as ProDataSet definitions inside the database?). For example, a view " CustOrder " could be defined in database schema like this: FOR EACH Customer FIELDS (CustNum, Name), EACH Order...
  • Add a option to the OEM console to connect to an offline remote admin server

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Currently when a remote admin server is off line on the console screen. The customer is required to shut down the OEM admin server and re-start it. After the OEM restart the problem remote admin server may be on line. There have been times when one or...
  • SQL Role: DataReader

Currently it's very painful to grant read rights to all tables (now and in the future) for individual users. It's not possible and needs to be refreshed if new tables are added. It would be great to have a role DataReader which can be applied...
  • Extend proutil increaseto to include tablerangesize/indexrangesize

I'd like to be able to increase -tablerangesize and -indexrangesize without bouncing the database.
  • Release notes: Make issue list Excel friendly

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    It is easy to read the issue list (html format) provided with a service pack into Excel. If there would be only 1 row per issue we could use autofilter, sort etc. Because of it current format with rowspans and colspans this is not really useable.
  • BI Real usage Size

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Hi All, We have our db's with BI size 6+12 GB fixed extent followed by variable extent. we start our db's with bigrow 48. We have BI block size 16K and Cluster size 128MB. So we have 52 [48+4] clusters created as soon as we have the db's...