OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Conversion operators / cast operator overriding

In C# you have the ability to override the implicit and explicit cast operator. From msdn: "C# enables programmers to declare conversions on classes or structs so that classes or structs can be converted to and/or from other classes or structs...
  • Catch or detect WARNINGS

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    We would like to be able to detect warnings on execution of code (and treat the warning as error) We have code where programmers from time to time uses wrong handle and get warnings like: **FIND-FIRST is not a queryable attribute for TEMP-TABLE widget...
  • visibility of total request duration on appserver

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Currently one can see the total requests since server startup and the average request duration since startup. HOwever average request duration quickly becomes a flat line as the appserver is running because the average only changes very slowly if sudden...
  • OS-APPEND, OS-COMMAND, OS-COPY, OS-CREATE-DIR & OS-DELETE as FUNCTIONs

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    OS-APPEND, OS-COMMAND, OS-COPY, OS-CREATE-DIR & OS-DELETE take literal constants as parameters. e.g. OS-COPY c:\temp\1.txt c:\temp2.txt. To send parameters as variables you have to use the VALUE keyword: e.g. OS-COPY VALUE(vFile1) VALUE(vFile2...
  • httpOnly support for cookies in Webspeed

Isn't it about time that Progress Webspeed supported the httpOnly attribute on cookies ? This is a pretty significant deficiency in Webspeed. There is a work-around described in kbase 000026689 (from 10.2B time period), but this should really be...
  • Allow Port Scanning

I have a client that runs Port scanning, And the appservers fail because of this, and provide this error PROGRESS Appserver network protocol mismatch (5565) and after checking the knowledgebase, it is a known issue with port scanning. I created a...
  • add user hook to cda and auditing data trail

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Auditing does not track .p programs, etc. which reduces it's utility for tracking what program made the data change. A rub-time hook to a program trigger which can supply user data to CDA and auditing would solve this shortcoming.
  • Provide SCHEMA-MARSHAL attribute on dataset

Hi, Currently, when you want to change the SCHEMA-MARSHAL settings of all temp-tables in a dataset, you have to set each individual temp-table's SCHEMA-MARSHAL attribute. You could write a routine that iterates all temp-tables of the dataset, and...
  • Add startup parameter to ignore registry settings

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    There should be a startup parameter (for the clients and the database broker...) that tells to runtime to ignore all registry settings and just use the settings from the set pf and ini files The background of this is that is is a huge pain to install...
  • CHUI dynamic browses

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    I'm surprised this isn't in here, but true dynamic browses would be really wonderful I don't think I need to justify this-we use chui, and we would like to see the same basic functionality in chui as we see in gui. Being able to build browses...