OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• OUTPUT VOID

Sometimes you are not interested in the OUTPUT parameter of a procedure. Now you need to create a dummy variable to store the output. It would be useful to be able to write the following (or something similar) RUN MyProc(a, b, OUTPUT VOID).
  • authentication callbacks should be protected by CRC to prevent masquerading of the...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    The authentication system callback is a really cool idea. However, there needs to be a mechanism to guarantee that the callback procedure called is really the one that was intended. On windows, it may be possible to use an absolute UNC path to guarantee...
  • Dynamically Load .Net DLL

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Currently the -assembiles flag tells the Progress appserver where to look for assembiles.xml and the .dll. It would be nice to have a way to programmatically choose the location to load the dll from rather then having to define it before the Apppserver...
  • AI Management Daemon improvements

If I could change three things about the ai management daemon they would be: 1) Fix the file naming. Allow a user specified mask in the style of the "date" command so that I can decide which elements of the name I want to have. i.e. %s = seq#...
  • Search (or Filter) for a field name in "DB Structure" View of "DB...

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Permit to search for a database field name in the "DB Structure" view. The view would then show the tables that contain the field(s) matching the search criteria, and when the table is expanded (possibly by all expanded by default when searching...
  • More XML-DATA-TYPEs for datasets and temp-tables

I would like the possibility to export character (and possibly longchar) fields as CDATA or xml comments when exporting a dataset as XML using WRITE-XML.
  • Icons in the Program group's that have a twist on what they are

Using the one icon for so many different items in the program group makes using the icon only versions of them tricky. Some unique by program/function rather then by release (i.e. changes to the standard icon in different releases like what happened in...
  • TLS 1.2 Support

• Complete
    • 1 Comments
    Recent PANS notification indicates support available for TLS 1.0, however, Standards groups such as PCI Security Council are already introducing versions (PA-DSS 3.1) which eliminate TLS 1.0 as an acceptable cryptography method. First Data, for example...
  • Database log file show database startup parameters for all secondary brokers.

Currently the Database log file in OpenEdge, shows database startup parameters for the primary broker. Would like to have the Database log file also show the startup parameters for every secondary broker that is started as well. This is being requested...
  • PDSOE: support parallel building

With multiple projects in the eclipse workspace, a source control 'get latest' results in new files being passed to the builder. This is done sequentially. First all files for project A are handled, then files for project B etc. PDSOE should...