OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Possibility to switch order of controls in outline view

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    When you are developing a Windows Forms application and the design of your form requires several docked controls, it is important to place the controls on your form in the correct order. Otherwise, you may not get the desired result, and end up with some...
  • Bitwise operator support in the ABL

• Under Review
    • 3 Comments
    There seams to all have been a need for Bitwise operator in the 4GL/ABL for many years. There have been workaround solutions i.e. roll-your-own function or call a DLL/Shared Object Library. I understand that there is the Progress.Util.EnumHelper class...
  • Ability to change assemblies file reference dynamically

Similar to previous submission made by Lieven De Foor "Support for multiple assemblies directories". For similar reasons I would like to have the ability to dynamically amend the assemblies file with the inclusion of "unload" functionality...
  • Adjust auto-complete for Constructor and Destructor

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    If I have a class "some.directory.path.ClassName" and go to make a constructor, if I make a constructor CONSTRUCTOR PUBLIC ctrl-space I can pick the correct class reference, however it'll insert the entire class path into the Constructor...
  • More XML-DATA-TYPEs for datasets and temp-tables

I would like the possibility to export character (and possibly longchar) fields as CDATA or xml comments when exporting a dataset as XML using WRITE-XML.
  • Icons in the Program group's that have a twist on what they are

Using the one icon for so many different items in the program group makes using the icon only versions of them tricky. Some unique by program/function rather then by release (i.e. changes to the standard icon in different releases like what happened in...
  • Option to suppress the logentry followed by a return error in an appserver connect...

Hello, I think there should be an option to suppress the following logentry in the appserver logfile when doing a RETURN ERROR in an appserver connect procedure. P-000012 T-002052 1 AS -- appstd2/connect.p connect procedure ended with an ERROR condition...
  • OpenEdge windows add optional 32bit clients to 64bit installation

• Complete
    • 0 Comments
    On a windows platform you currently have to choose between either 32 or 64 bit OpenEdge installation. You cannot install both. Our "classic" application uses some 32bit OCX's (eg. Microsoft Common controls). Our .Net UI doesn't use...
  • PDSOE: support parallel building

With multiple projects in the eclipse workspace, a source control 'get latest' results in new files being passed to the builder. This is done sequentially. First all files for project A are handled, then files for project B etc. PDSOE should...
  • Database log file show database startup parameters for all secondary brokers.

Currently the Database log file in OpenEdge, shows database startup parameters for the primary broker. Would like to have the Database log file also show the startup parameters for every secondary broker that is started as well. This is being requested...