OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Safe input sanitization method

• Under Review
    Currently many people use QUOTER() to sanitize user input when inserting it in dynamic queries. However this is unsafe, because it does not escape ~ octal values, and as a result, one can do 'ABL' injection as demonstrated by the following code...
  • Bitwise operator support in the ABL

• Under Review
    There seams to all have been a need for Bitwise operator in the 4GL/ABL for many years. There have been workaround solutions i.e. roll-your-own function or call a DLL/Shared Object Library. I understand that there is the Progress.Util.EnumHelper class...
  • Ability to change assemblies file reference dynamically

Similar to previous submission made by Lieven De Foor "Support for multiple assemblies directories". For similar reasons I would like to have the ability to dynamically amend the assemblies file with the inclusion of "unload" functionality...
  • Possibility to switch order of controls in outline view

• Under Review
    When you are developing a Windows Forms application and the design of your form requires several docked controls, it is important to place the controls on your form in the correct order. Otherwise, you may not get the desired result, and end up with some...
  • Adjust auto-complete for Constructor and Destructor

• Under Review
    If I have a class "" and go to make a constructor, if I make a constructor CONSTRUCTOR PUBLIC ctrl-space I can pick the correct class reference, however it'll insert the entire class path into the Constructor...
  • AutoComplete on UIB. Part 2 ( KevinRyer has also added something about this )

It would be very nice, if when popep up the autocomplete for database's tables would allow to select the correct table with up/down arrow, and once selected, if you press dot, it instantly completes the underline code, and offers rigth away, the fields...
  • PDSOE: Have a separate AVM for project build

• Under Review
    Currently the build process uses the same AVM as the interactive part of PDSOE. If a build is running this often blocks interactive use of the Eclipse environment. Once the Eclipse UI is blocked (= not responding indication in the window) you can't...
  • Allow to set the exit code of _progress.exe

Many APs run ABL-based Batch Jobs, at production (such as “Queues” for e. g. print jobs) and at installation/migration time (e. g. compile and data migration jobs). These jobs may be run as a sequence and/or hierarchy of jobs. For job control...
  • JsonObject:Rename

• Under Review
    We often have to rename properties in JsonObjects. So in place of saving value, remove old property-name, add value with new property-name it would be beneficial to have Rename method. Rename(Old-property-name, New-property-name)
  • Maintain parent-id-relations when passing datasets by-value

Relations defined as parent-id-relations are "destroyed" when the dataset is passed by-value. I've checked with support and they see this as a product limitation and not a bug. Since by-value basically creates new records the recids are...