OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Allow point instead of colon for methods & properties

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    In a lot of places the compiler allows point (.) instead of colon(:). Please also allow point for invoking methods/addressing properties, it would make copying samples form c# into abl much easier. e.g. Allow System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes...
  • Create ABL.Net sample code for Telerik .Net components

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Progress supplies both OpenEdge ABL and Telerik Winforms controls. Historically all sample code is in C#. Some controls behave different when linked to a Probindingsource instead of a .Net bindingsources. It would be a great help is Progress would...
  • Safe input sanitization method

• Under Review
    • 6 Comments
    Currently many people use QUOTER() to sanitize user input when inserting it in dynamic queries. However this is unsafe, because it does not escape ~ octal values, and as a result, one can do 'ABL' injection as demonstrated by the following code...
  • Ability to define an AUTO INCREMENT field

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Common practice for a table with an ID is to define the table, define the field, define the sequence, and then manually assign the field with the NEXT-VALUE() from the sequence. It would be good to have a field defined as AUTO INCREMENT, where this...
  • Include empty tables in the output of WRITE-JSON and WRITE-XML on a dataset

When writing a dasaset with empty tables to JSON or XML, there are omitted. I have a dataset, that I want to serialize to JSON. Here is a simplified definition: define temp-table ttMain no-undo serialize-name 'main':U field Id as character...
  • Allow to set the exit code of _progress.exe

Many APs run ABL-based Batch Jobs, at production (such as “Queues” for e. g. print jobs) and at installation/migration time (e. g. compile and data migration jobs). These jobs may be run as a sequence and/or hierarchy of jobs. For job control...
  • SQL-Statement generated from FOR <buffer> should contain "TOP 1"

This issue was already filed as case number 00389055 but was not considered a bug, so I post this here now. I used the -Dsrv qt_debug,SQL parameter when connected to an MSSQL-DB to have a look at the executed SQL-statements. When using FOR FIRST...
  • PDSOE: Have a separate AVM for project build

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Currently the build process uses the same AVM as the interactive part of PDSOE. If a build is running this often blocks interactive use of the Eclipse environment. Once the Eclipse UI is blocked (= not responding indication in the window) you can't...
  • AutoComplete on UIB. Part 2 ( KevinRyer has also added something about this )

It would be very nice, if when popep up the autocomplete for database's tables would allow to select the correct table with up/down arrow, and once selected, if you press dot, it instantly completes the underline code, and offers rigth away, the fields...
  • Add a parameter to PDS to stop compile at first error

Compiling a program with an error takes a long time to finish. I would rather just go and fix the errors one by one than wait for several seconds or minutes. The current behavior is very counter-productive specially when you only have one or two errors...