OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• constant definitions in openedge

I would like to be able to define an input parameter as constant. See https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_general/f/26/t/16991.aspx -- Kind regards, Stefan Houtzager Houtzager ICT consultancy & development www.linkedin...
  • Better R-code Deployment

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    When deploying new r-code to an application, currently the application needs to be shutdown. If the r-code is replaced, the r-code in memory is the r-code chosen. Running without -q could be a solution for this, but it has a performance cost. Ideally...
  • PDSOE: Have a separate AVM for project build

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Currently the build process uses the same AVM as the interactive part of PDSOE. If a build is running this often blocks interactive use of the Eclipse environment. Once the Eclipse UI is blocked (= not responding indication in the window) you can't...
  • Possibility to switch order of controls in outline view

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    When you are developing a Windows Forms application and the design of your form requires several docked controls, it is important to place the controls on your form in the correct order. Otherwise, you may not get the desired result, and end up with some...
  • Bitwise operator support in the ABL

• Under Review
    • 3 Comments
    There seams to all have been a need for Bitwise operator in the 4GL/ABL for many years. There have been workaround solutions i.e. roll-your-own function or call a DLL/Shared Object Library. I understand that there is the Progress.Util.EnumHelper class...
  • Ability to change assemblies file reference dynamically

Similar to previous submission made by Lieven De Foor "Support for multiple assemblies directories". For similar reasons I would like to have the ability to dynamically amend the assemblies file with the inclusion of "unload" functionality...
  • Adjust auto-complete for Constructor and Destructor

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    If I have a class "some.directory.path.ClassName" and go to make a constructor, if I make a constructor CONSTRUCTOR PUBLIC ctrl-space I can pick the correct class reference, however it'll insert the entire class path into the Constructor...
  • Keyword casing setting for Appbuilder within OE Architect should follow preference...

The built-in appbuilder in OEA, used for designing, should follow the case preference from the OEA settings too. Currently every new design changes the generated code from the appbuilder to upper case. Correct case within OEA editor is set to lower case...
  • AutoComplete on UIB. Part 2 ( KevinRyer has also added something about this )

It would be very nice, if when popep up the autocomplete for database's tables would allow to select the correct table with up/down arrow, and once selected, if you press dot, it instantly completes the underline code, and offers rigth away, the fields...
  • SQL-Statement generated from FOR <buffer> should contain "TOP 1"

This issue was already filed as case number 00389055 but was not considered a bug, so I post this here now. I used the -Dsrv qt_debug,SQL parameter when connected to an MSSQL-DB to have a look at the executed SQL-statements. When using FOR FIRST...