OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Keyword casing setting for Appbuilder within OE Architect should follow preference...

The built-in appbuilder in OEA, used for designing, should follow the case preference from the OEA settings too. Currently every new design changes the generated code from the appbuilder to upper case. Correct case within OEA editor is set to lower case...
  • Add write-json and write-xml methods to query object handles

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Currently you can apply the method to a buffer handle and write out the entire table as json or xml. If you only want some of it, the only way is to copy the records into a temp-table and then apply the method to that. Creating temp-table records takes...
  • Allow EMPTY-DATASET()/EMPTY-TEMP-TABLE while TRACKING-CHANGES is true

Currently you can't use EMPTY-DATASET()/EMPTY-TEMP-TABLE() while TRACKING-CHANGES is true. I want to do just that: empty a dataset and be able to either accept that (ACCEPT-CHANGES()) or revert to the previous state (REJECT-CHANGES()). I can loop...
  • Lift 63 character limit on status-area

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    With current high-resolution screens, it seems like a bug, that you can only display 63 character in status-area of ABL windows.
  • Add more information in VST-tables

Some more information in the VST:s would be very beneficial for managing system status. (Some of these things might not be perfectly logical to put in the VST's though. Even still - they would be very hand). 1) After Image Extents and their status...
  • constant definitions in openedge

I would like to be able to define an input parameter as constant. See https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_general/f/26/t/16991.aspx -- Kind regards, Stefan Houtzager Houtzager ICT consultancy & development www.linkedin...
  • Bring back color coding in the (64 bit) procedure editor

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    With the upgrade to 64 Bit (Yea!), the procedure editor lost the ability to do color coding and automatic casing (http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000042690). Business Case: A surprising number of programmers prefer light weight editors...
  • Support remote method invocation of ABL AppServer (both classic and PASOE) object...

Remote Method invocation: Support calling object methods on an appserver by a client. (similar to: run internal procedure of persistent procedure in Appserver-Handle).
  • Add the option to read a database buffer into a JsonObject

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    At the moment the read() method of a JsonObject supports a ProDataSet, Temp-table or Buffer handle but the buffer handle should be a buffer to a temp-table. I would like to be able to use a database buffer as well so I can fill a JsonObject straight away...
  • Better R-code Deployment

• Under Review
    • 2 Comments
    When deploying new r-code to an application, currently the application needs to be shutdown. If the r-code is replaced, the r-code in memory is the r-code chosen. Running without -q could be a solution for this, but it has a performance cost. Ideally...