OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Use Initial with Object Variables

I assumed this would already be a feature request, but using the search function didn't show anything. I would like to be able to do something like the following: define protected property MyClass as ClassType no-undo init new ClassType() get...
  • Allow EMPTY-DATASET()/EMPTY-TEMP-TABLE while TRACKING-CHANGES is true

Currently you can't use EMPTY-DATASET()/EMPTY-TEMP-TABLE() while TRACKING-CHANGES is true. I want to do just that: empty a dataset and be able to either accept that (ACCEPT-CHANGES()) or revert to the previous state (REJECT-CHANGES()). I can loop...
  • Add the option to read a database buffer into a JsonObject

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    At the moment the read() method of a JsonObject supports a ProDataSet, Temp-table or Buffer handle but the buffer handle should be a buffer to a temp-table. I would like to be able to use a database buffer as well so I can fill a JsonObject straight away...
  • Keyword casing setting for Appbuilder within OE Architect should follow preference...

The built-in appbuilder in OEA, used for designing, should follow the case preference from the OEA settings too. Currently every new design changes the generated code from the appbuilder to upper case. Correct case within OEA editor is set to lower case...
  • Add ability to have classes subscribe to named events.

Procedures can publish named events using the PUBLISH statement. Procedures can subscribe to named events using the SUBSCRIBE statement. Procedures can also subscribe to class based events using the ObjectName:EventName:Subscribe(EventHandler) syntax...
  • Import/export settings in OpenEdge Explorer

Background: Now it takes a lot of time to create several almost identical database/AppServer entries in OpenEdge Explorer. A work-around is to manually edit the properties file but there is a risk of making an error and corrupting the file. Enhancement...
  • Progress.Lang.Object should have a "DeepEquals()" method

The PLO currently provides an overridable Equals() method which, in its default implementation, performs a reference comparison: that is, the 2 object instances being compared must be the exact same object (ie the exact "handle" or reference...
  • Extend temp-table functionality

The following features would be useful on temp-tables: option to make certain fields mandatory. create/write/delete triggers (eg. to populate an auto id field, or to enforce referential integrity) strongly typed custom fields (instead of Progress...
  • Add "PAUSE n" option to "MESSAGE VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX"

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Provide the facility to "time-out" an alert-box error or warning.
  • Support for CASE-SENSITIVE properties

Currently the CASE-SENSITIVE option is not available for properties. You have to create a separate variable and make that one CASE-SENSITIVE to work around this. A direct solution would be more elegant...