OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Samples for OE REST Adapter Security and Authentication

Instead of having a truckload of pdf's on REST (Web applications, security, eclipse tools, ...) I would really appreciate some simple helloworld examples on how to set up security, especially when AppServer needs to deal with Security instead of the...
  • HLC (Host Language Call) support for PASOE

Currently the new PASOE AppServer doesn't support linking custom C code with the executable like the classic AppServer and clients (HLC/Host Language Call) There is a new THREAD-SAFE option added to call routines in external libraries (.so/dll)...
  • Add a way to globally "catch" all errors in batch mode

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    At the moment there is no way to catch all errors in code when running in batch mode. It is only possible to pipe the errors to a file. This is problematic since errors go unnoticed unitl someone looks at the logfile. It would be great to have some kind...
  • INITIAL option supported for CLASS variables

(from https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development/f/19/t/22737 ) Say I have the following enum ENUM Condition: DEFINE ENUM New Used. END ENUM. And I have a class: CLASS Product: DEFINE PUBLIC PROPERTY Condition...
  • Support SOAP 1.2 on server side

SOAP 1.2 support was added to the ABL Web Services client in 11.3. However, this is not available on the server side (Web Services Adapter). Earlier, during the POST request to the WSA, the third party client passed in the header field SOAPAction...
  • Consuming WCF Webservices: Built-in support for WS Specifications like WS-Adressing...

Microsoft recommends to use wcf-webservices for new applications. The old tool bprowsdldoc creates no example for setting SOAP headers for the WS elements. Without them it's not possible to consume any webservice. Within C# I need to add a service...
  • COPY-DATASET to have where-string clause

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Hi I work with datasets in openedge frequently... and there is always a scenario where I have to use the copy-dataset statement to append/merge records. There has been a good few cases where I don't need all records copied to the target dataset...
  • Extend TABLE-SCAN support to dynamic queries

TABLE-SCAN is currently only available for static FOR EACH statements, not for dynamic queries. Extending the support for TABLE-SCAN to dynamic queries would be a useful feature. See discussion at https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development...
  • 10 decimal limit.

We need more decimals when doing math in Progress 4GL. We get round errors in amounts, and have to make different work-arounds to go around this limit. Is there a plan to solve this in Progress 4GL?
  • Provide access to substitution values for Progress.Lang.SysError

Progress Error messages are composed from a template string like ** %s record not on file. (138) and substitution values (%s -> Customer) in this case. It would be a very valuable enhancement to add a property (or a set of properties/methods similar...