OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Ignore STOP-AFTER when stepping in the debugger

If a STOP-AFTER phrase is in effect, the STOP condition is raised when the time-out is reached while stepping with the debugger. This leads to difficulty in identifying where the problem is. For starters, the code initially seems to "crash"...
  • Samples for OE REST Adapter Security and Authentication

Instead of having a truckload of pdf's on REST (Web applications, security, eclipse tools, ...) I would really appreciate some simple helloworld examples on how to set up security, especially when AppServer needs to deal with Security instead of the...
  • Extend TABLE-SCAN support to dynamic queries

TABLE-SCAN is currently only available for static FOR EACH statements, not for dynamic queries. Extending the support for TABLE-SCAN to dynamic queries would be a useful feature. See discussion at https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development...
  • Color coding for translation attributes

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    In 10.2.B the translation attributes were color coded (OpenEdge Architect), but this is no loger the case in OE11 (Developer Studio) The Tech-Support informed me that this was a bug and the color coding is now working as inteded. But the color coding...
  • Provide access to substitution values for Progress.Lang.SysError

Progress Error messages are composed from a template string like ** %s record not on file. (138) and substitution values (%s -> Customer) in this case. It would be a very valuable enhancement to add a property (or a set of properties/methods similar...
  • COPY-DATASET to have where-string clause

• Under Review
    • 1 Comments
    Hi I work with datasets in openedge frequently... and there is always a scenario where I have to use the copy-dataset statement to append/merge records. There has been a good few cases where I don't need all records copied to the target dataset...
  • Support SOAP 1.2 on server side

SOAP 1.2 support was added to the ABL Web Services client in 11.3. However, this is not available on the server side (Web Services Adapter). Earlier, during the POST request to the WSA, the third party client passed in the header field SOAPAction...
  • Consuming WCF Webservices: Built-in support for WS Specifications like WS-Adressing...

Microsoft recommends to use wcf-webservices for new applications. The old tool bprowsdldoc creates no example for setting SOAP headers for the WS elements. Without them it's not possible to consume any webservice. Within C# I need to add a service...
  • Proper date formatting options in Progress

• Under Review
    • 3 Comments
    Could we get a change in date formatting in 11.4? Or should I post this somewhere else? Currently I can do STRING(TIME,"HH:MM AM") but for dates I must use numbers STRING(DATE,"99/99/99") . But it would be so much more useful if...
  • Support for inner/nested classes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_class