OpenEdge Development - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

OpenEdge Development

• Include empty tables in the output of WRITE-JSON and WRITE-XML on a dataset

When writing a dasaset with empty tables to JSON or XML, there are omitted. I have a dataset, that I want to serialize to JSON. Here is a simplified definition: define temp-table ttMain no-undo serialize-name 'main':U field Id as character...
  • Add Progress support for STARTTLS

We are looking to send email via Office 365, however we are unable to send email via SMTP authentication as Progress doesn’t support STARTTLS. Is this something we can request for a future version and is this something you may be aware of already...
  • REST Out support

Provide wizards and/or ABL objects/methods to facilitate REST OUT support.
  • Support remote method invocation of ABL AppServer (both classic and PASOE) object...

Remote Method invocation: Support calling object methods on an appserver by a client. (similar to: run internal procedure of persistent procedure in Appserver-Handle).
  • Allow to set the exit code of _progress.exe

Many APs run ABL-based Batch Jobs, at production (such as “Queues” for e. g. print jobs) and at installation/migration time (e. g. compile and data migration jobs). These jobs may be run as a sequence and/or hierarchy of jobs. For job control...
  • ABL message callback to customize messages displayed to users

Allow defining an ABL Message Callback. Instead of just displaying the error code and a human readable text provided by promsgs, allow the programmer to control what messages and which details are displayed to the user. It would allow to provide messages...
  • Run Corticon decision services as In-process using ABL

Currently, we can run Corticon decision service as in-process using .Net & Java. Can we have similar ability to run Corticon as in-process using ABL for improved performance rather than having to go through the network?
  • Extend TABLE-SCAN support to dynamic queries

TABLE-SCAN is currently only available for static FOR EACH statements, not for dynamic queries. Extending the support for TABLE-SCAN to dynamic queries would be a useful feature. See discussion at https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development...
  • OpenEdge Architect - OpenEdge Customaization Options

• Under Review
    • 0 Comments
    Possibility to add External directory to the Propath of an OpenEdge Custom Project. Now it's only possible to add the directories that you've put in the Folder Layout of this Custom Project. I create my projects always with the same structure...
  • .NET Core Linux

At this moment there is no support for .NET objects on the Linux platform - You can only use .NET objects on a Windows platform. (14693) The AppServer is a great product and certainly with the arrival of PAS but there is still missing some functionalities...