Community - Products Enhancements - Progress Community

Community

• Pool of knowledge

Sorry that's a bad title. It may be that the Wiki is the best place for this, or maybe not. I'm very aware that there are a lot of resources out there not owned by PSC that are useful for folks helping themselves. The trouble is that they're...
  • Inbox icon seems to be irrelevant

Icon for Inbox (highlighted in yellow on the image) seems irrelevant. I always mistake it as a link for my "Friends". This should look like something like an envelope. Can this be changed? Of course, a low priority thing.
  • Enable notifications based on keywords

Since there are now just a few (big!) forums and I really don't care about the forum, I would like to subscribe to keywords rather than forums. For example, I am currently interested in the topic of multi-tenancy. If you search on 'tenancy'...
  • Add more filters to the knowledgebase

I would like the possibility to filter searches in the knowledgebase, primarily based on version of Progress. So either exact version (11.5) or at least 11.0 and upwards (ie remove entries only applicable to versions 9 and 10 or older). (If this idea...
  • Forum preview of post

• Not Planned
    • 1 Comments
    If you use the syntax highlighter you cannot see what you post will look like until you actually posted it. It would be nice to have a preview so that you can correct posts before actually saving them.
  • extend the list of OpenEdge challenges

Extending to Rob Fitzpatrick's idea as of 8 Feb 2014 6:25 AM I suggest to have a challenge "OpenEdge Deployment Products" in addition to "OpenEdge Development" and "OpenEdge Database".
  • What static "index is used info" when coding help.

Hi! I heard there is some plugin to help the developer to see what index is used when coding a static FOR EACH. I know it is possible to save code, compile it by XREF and open the output and look for key SEARCH. But this is not very user friendly. Please...
  • A community group for raising site bugs

Please can we have a community group for raising bugs with the community itself? Thanks.
  • Easier navigation for paged lists

When I'm in a forum or idea list that goes over multiple pages, it's hard to see which page I am on, and therefore which is the next. Can we add a next/previous button, and maybe even a first/last button as well to make navigation easier?
  • Simplify the upgrade process between major versions i.e. 11.5 to 11.6/11.7

Can I raise an enhancement in relation to an upgrade path between major versions, currently I understand you have simplified the upgrades of service packs post 11.7 however to move from an older version to 11.7 and beyond you still requires a complete...