protrace log correlating to db log

Posted by 2356 on 13-Jun-2018 15:26

Hi Expert,

I was about to raise a ticket to Progress Technical Support. But I just thought someone has insight on these?

We get this error when doing transaction via from our gui application > SERVER: 381d0f25a21feba1:-492c2265:163edd2d391:-7e0c is connected. (5451). I have searched error 5451 it says :

SERVER <name> is not connected. (5451).

The SERVER specified in the RUN ON SERVER was not connected or has been disconnected. Alternatively, your program has a RUN...IN statement or reference to an external user-defined function where the procedure handle specified is a remote procedure handle, and the server for the remote has been disconnected. 

Reviewing our db logs I can only see these logs similar to these errors:

Usr set name to . (7129)

An unexpected system error has occured. Please do the following:
1. If the error occured while running an existing application or during database admin functions, the error may be due to a hardware/system problem, r-code corruption, or data corruption.
2. If the error occured while running a new application or procedure, try to reproduce and isolate the code that results in the error.

HANGUP signal received. (562)

PROGRESS intercepted a hungup signal (SIGHUP) from UNIX. This indicates that the user's terminal might not be connected. The user is logged out and any active request aborted.

Should I be expecting db logs about the error > SERVER <name> is not connected. (5451)?

Our protrace logs has these errors:

#1   [0x843072] dbut_uttraceback+0x12b  from /progress/OE111/bin/_sqlsrv2

Found an article online on this about SQL statement tracing has been enable via > https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P150361 and about sql running complex SQL queries containing aggregation. It crash of _sqlsrv2 process happen when the process attempt to allocate more than 2GB of RAM memory via > https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/Intermittent-crash-of-sqlsrv2-process-when-running-complex-SQL-queries-containing-aggregation.

We cleared Citrix before get back up and running. I am not sure now if the HANGUP signal received. (562) is the log for clearing the Citrix? And Error (7129) contributed to the error (5451)? 

Your thoughts is much appreciated.

Apology for my ignorance.

Win

Posted by gus bjorklund on 15-Jun-2018 08:24

message 7129 is not an error. it is an informatonal message that does not indicate anything is wrong.

Hangup signals are generated when the connection to the user’s terminal s lost. If you are having Citrix problems, these are likely caused by them.

All Replies

Posted by gus bjorklund on 15-Jun-2018 08:24

message 7129 is not an error. it is an informatonal message that does not indicate anything is wrong.

Hangup signals are generated when the connection to the user’s terminal s lost. If you are having Citrix problems, these are likely caused by them.

This thread is closed