OpenEdge replication - Encryption

Posted by tbergman on 20-Sep-2019 18:18

When using OpenEdge replication, can the data being transferred be encrypted in transit?

I realize that using TDE may be one option but I need to have the entire data stream encrypted, not just TDE encrypted tables.

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 20-Sep-2019 18:30

Might want to have a look at private VPN tunnel, or putting stunnel in between, or some hw data-in-motion security solution.

Posted by tate on 20-Sep-2019 18:56

You can enable transparent data encryption for a database that is enabled for replication, and also enable replication for a database that is enabled for transparent data encryption. But Replication itself doesn't use any kind of encryption.  Why do they need the entire bit encrypted?  Seems that would bog down the system significantly.

Here is some info on what I mentioned above.

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Posted by tate on 20-Sep-2019 18:56

You can enable transparent data encryption for a database that is enabled for replication, and also enable replication for a database that is enabled for transparent data encryption. But Replication itself doesn't use any kind of encryption.  Why do they need the entire bit encrypted?  Seems that would bog down the system significantly.

Here is some info on what I mentioned above.

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

This thread is closed