compiling win32 graphical clients (.w) using ANT/PCT on linu

Posted by Rutger Olthuis on 20-Sep-2016 16:09

Hi all, this is my first post here so I hope I follow the correct guidelines and don't ask a question that has already been answered. 

We are trying to setup a Jenkins server with the ANT/PCT plugin to have a better CI/CD process for our application.
Part of the application is still an old-skool OpenEdge graphical win32 client. 

Is it possible (and if yes, how) to compile the graphical client code on the linux build server? 
On windows, when setting up the ANT script, I had to include graphicalMode="True" in my PCTCompile node. When I do this on the linux server I get the prowin32.exe cannot be found error (logically..) but when I omit the graphicalMode option, my gui is compiled in (I think) TTY mode... what can I do?

with kind regards, 

Rutger Olthuis

Posted by Matt Baker on 20-Sep-2016 16:27

prowin32.exe is a windows executable it doesn't exist on linux.

You'll need to setup separate build environments for GUI vs TTY graphical code.  If the code is headless (i.e. has no UI at all (display statements, forms, frames and so on) then you can compile it and run it on either.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 20-Sep-2016 16:27

prowin32.exe is a windows executable it doesn't exist on linux.

You'll need to setup separate build environments for GUI vs TTY graphical code.  If the code is headless (i.e. has no UI at all (display statements, forms, frames and so on) then you can compile it and run it on either.

This thread is closed