Licenses OE 11.6 Enterprise RDBMS

Posted by j.kattestaart on 28-Nov-2015 04:41

Hi,

Hi yesterday i received a license from our customer to install enterprise RDBMS. Our goal was to install an enterprise RDBMS and 5 agens for an appserver. I only can enter my db license the other one for the appserver is probably not wat i want to achieve. This is was in the license file

OE Enterprise RDBMS 40 11.6 1000116 OE 11.6

Windows 64bit

Unit Type: Registered Client LicenseID: None

OE Enterprise RDBMS 5 11.6 1000116 OE 11.6

Windows 64bit

Unit Type: Access Agent LicenseID: None

What I need:

OE Enterprise RDBMS 40 users + 5 user Appserver agent

I cannot install the 5 users on the same server because it replaces the 40-users license.

So is see no appserver entry in the openedge explorer..

I will call support on monday but may be someone has some info. My guess is that the 5 user license should be an appserver license....

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 28-Nov-2015 05:30

In order to see an AppServer (or to have an Appserver) as a product  on this machine, you need to install AppServer license there.

In order to have an AppServer (from a different machine) connected to your database you don't need to have an AppServer on this (this being where DB is) machine. Which is it ?

Posted by j.kattestaart on 28-Nov-2015 05:35

Libor,

I want to install both the appserver and the database on the same machine.

I should have got a 5 user appserver license in stead of the extra 5 user rdbms license....

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Nov-2015 05:38

yes

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Nov-2015 05:38

yes

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 28-Nov-2015 05:41

<<

I want to install both the appserver and the database on the same machine.

I should have got a 5 user appserver license in stead of the extra 5 user rdbms license....

>>

In this case yes, the other license should be for AppServer and not for a database.

Posted by j.kattestaart on 28-Nov-2015 05:50

OK, thanks...

I guess that sales with all these new products in their portofolio doesn't know what they are selling. Just as us not knowing what we are buying...  ;-)

Posted by Marek Bujnarowski on 28-Nov-2015 05:59

I'm not 100% sure but it might be correct. The second 5 user license is for "Access Agent". You do not install it but just keep it for the record (as an evidence that you're compliant with license agreement). It gives you the right to connect 5 AppServer agents to your database(s) (on top of current 40 users)..

You are still missing AppServer license though....

Posted by Kinga Janca on 30-Nov-2015 03:31

Hi John,

Marek is absolutely right. You do not need to physically install the access agent RDBMS licence on the same server as the 40 users that you already have, but you have to keep the access agent license for the record, to prove the usage entitlement. If you need AppServer licenses on 5 access agents, you'd still need your RDBMS license on 5 access agents, as this is in accordance with our licensing policy. So I would suggest that you get in contact with your Account Manager, who will match the current AppServer license count to your needs and you will be fine.

Best

Kinga

Posted by Kinga Janca on 30-Nov-2015 03:37

... even better, I can see now who is looking after you, I will ask him to get in touch with you asap to solve this.

Best regards

Kinga

Posted by j.kattestaart on 30-Nov-2015 03:52

Kinga,

Thanks for your reply. We have contact with Oscar (Progress NL)  right now to set things straight.

Posted by Kinga Janca on 30-Nov-2015 04:16

Excellent. Thanks for letting me know.

K.

This thread is closed