I have searched (and searched and searched), but cannot find any documentation about how to call Corticon Decision Services from the ABL in 11.5. It is my understanding that one can make calls to a decision service without going through the standard ABL web service logic in 11.5.
Can anyone point me to where it is documented as to how to do this in 11.5?
You can access online documentation at documentation.progress.com/.../openedge115
This the 11.5 documentation set is accessible at the top link. Please let me know if this is what you need.
I have searched (and searched and searched), but cannot find any documentation about how to call Corticon Decision Services from the ABL in 11.5. It is my understanding that one can make calls
to a decision service without going through the standard ABL web service logic in 11.5.
this post as spam/abuse.
The documentation linked above provides a high-level overview of the classes and the class reference, but I cannot find any documentation or sample about how to use the classes. Is this available anywhere or are we on our own?
From looking at the documentation, I can determine the following steps from ending to beginning:
1. I can create a decision service and invoke it using the DecisionService class.
2. To create the DecisionService, I have to provide a RulesServerConnection and a service name. Determining the service name is easy as that is just the name of the decision service.
3. To create a RulesServerConnection, I have to provide a RulesServerConnectionParameters object.
4. In order to create a RulesServerConnectionParameters object, I have to provide a JsonObject object.
5. The JsonObject's constructor takes a character string as input. The class reference indicates that this is supposed to contain valid connection parameters.
What are the valid connection parameters? This is where I am stuck, and the documentation does not seem very clear in this regard.
Progress also offers online training. This is based on a subscription to take training. There is a course Using Corticon Business Rules in an OpenEdge Application.
Not sure how best to attach a picture, but I added a file with an image from the training course.with permission from the online training group which might help you get connected. A URL might be all you need. I will look for the complete list of connections parameters.
Thank you very much. This gave me the information that I needed to complete the picture.
Have a great weekend.