Update Progress 9.1D to 10.1C - Forum - OpenEdge General - Progress Community

Update Progress 9.1D to 10.1C

Forum

Update Progress 9.1D to 10.1C

• Hi

My Company have one integrated system (From Sql Server) with OBDC connection (The OBDC driver is already updated to 10.1C).

With the Progress 9.1D the Integer value was OK.

Example:

Request: 30 Papers. - OBDC CONNECTION - SOFTWARE WITH PROGRESS RECEIVE 30.

Now with progress 10.1C the 30 Papers its 30 x 10 000 = 300000.

Its something changed?

Please, i need help

Thanks!

• What do you mean by "papers"?

If this is a problem with a specific query, you might want to post the actual query.

There is certainly nothing systematic about the differences between the two which would cause multiplication by 10,000.

Consulting in Model-Based Development, Transformation, and Object-Oriented Best Practice  http://www.cintegrity.com

• Perhaps regional settings, but would suspect that this would only come into play with a decimal - eg "30.000" being exported as "30,000" in some odd cast. Compare your original and new '.pf' files.

• Thanks!

the Papers is my Product.

On the installation of Product *Progress 10.1a, i have to choose the Comma Separator

I ve installed with "1.234,56""

If on Progress 9.1D the Comma Separator was 1,234.56 and now ist is 1.234,56 is that the Problem?

many thanks in advance

• Yes, that could cause the issue in question. You can change the NUMSEP and NUMDEC startup parameters for you session or use SESSION:NUMERIC-FORMAT to change it during runtime.

Keep in mind that the data is stored without knowledge of the Decimal and Thousand separator information.