How to update db data in Binding Source?

Posted by marekk on 27-Mar-2019 17:27

Hi,

I have created simple app in Dev Studio: DataGrid where data comes from database thru Data Binding Source.

I'd like to add create, delete, update actions but how to do that with referencies to BindingSource rather, not database records?

Kind regards,

Marek

Posted by Laura Stern on 27-Mar-2019 18:04

You should not be calling .NET to create/delete/update in a database.  You should be using the ABL to update the database directly, in the normal way.  The BindingSource is not designed to give you transparent (i.e,. dynamic) access to data in your database.  I assume that's why you are asking?  That is not its purpose.

If that's not what you're asking, then you need to be more specific.  Give me a specific use-case.

All Replies

Posted by Laura Stern on 27-Mar-2019 18:04

You should not be calling .NET to create/delete/update in a database.  You should be using the ABL to update the database directly, in the normal way.  The BindingSource is not designed to give you transparent (i.e,. dynamic) access to data in your database.  I assume that's why you are asking?  That is not its purpose.

If that's not what you're asking, then you need to be more specific.  Give me a specific use-case.

Posted by marekk on 27-Mar-2019 22:05

Aha, I have expected that if I configure data source (binding source) I can reference only to data thru this source.

Thanks, Laura for your explanation.

This thread is closed