Creating an OpenEdge REST API Only Using Classic AppServer and REST Adapater (Not using PAS for OpenEdge) - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

Creating an OpenEdge REST API Only Using Classic AppServer and REST Adapater (Not using PAS for OpenEdge)

Forum

Creating an OpenEdge REST API Only Using Classic AppServer and REST Adapater (Not using PAS for OpenEdge)

This question is not answered

Hello:

I am using OpenEdge 11.7 64 bit but do not have PAS for OpenEdge license. 

I would like to create a REST API with the Annotations approach (I am aware the new Web Handler approach with PAS for OE is better, but I do not have a license for PAS). 

Could someone please point me to the correct documentation or a video tutorial that acts as a guide for creating a REST API only using the Classic AppServer and a REST Adapter? Perhaps with a sample application? 

Thank you,

h

All Replies
  • Hello,

The following document might be helpful:

- community.progress.com/.../3363

It use PAS for OpenEdge but you can do the same steps with Classic AppServer.

The following videos use 11.6 but it can be useful to learn the concepts:

- community.progress.com/.../2738

- community.progress.com/.../2739

I hope this helps.

• Thank you @EGarcia. This partly answers my question, but I am also fuzzy on how to replicate "same steps with Classic AppServer."

I understand if I were to follow the Classic AppServer approach, I would need to configure a REST Adapter and a Web Server, as well.

I am looking at possibly a comprehensive picture of the entire setup, with a small/sample application to work with.

Any thoughts?