ClientBuilder:Build() producing an error at runtime - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

ClientBuilder:Build() producing an error at runtime

 Forum

ClientBuilder:Build() producing an error at runtime

This question is answered

We're currently experiencing an error with OpenEdge.Net.HTTP.ClientBuilder which we're struggling to work out.  Everything is working fine in developer studio, and compiles without error, but at runtime we get the following:

"Static instance failed to load. Cannot reference class OpenEdge.Core.Assert. (14631)

Lead attributes in a chained-attribute expression (a:b:c) must be type HANDLE or a user-defined type and valid (not UNKNOWN). (10068)"

The code throwing the error is essentially (trimming some fluff):

using OpenEdge.Net.HTTP.*.

define private variable oClient as IHttpClient no-undo.

buildClient().

method private void buildClient():

define variable oClientBuilder as ClientBuilder no-undo.

define variable oClientOptions as ClientOptions no-undo.

oClientBuilder = ClientBuilder:Build(). 
oClient = oClientBuilder:Client.
oClientOptions = oClient:Options.

end method.

It's ClientBuilder:Build() which is throwing the error.  This is running under OE 11.7.2.  Any help would be appreciated if anyone has seen it before.

Verified Answer
  • First thought is to make sure that OpenEdge.Core.pl is in PROPATH. It should be in $DLC/tty and $DLC/gui (depends on the OS which one you use)
     
All Replies
  • First thought is to make sure that OpenEdge.Core.pl is in PROPATH. It should be in $DLC/tty and $DLC/gui (depends on the OS which one you use)
     
  • Initially our build scripts threw errors and the issue there was OpenEdge.Core.pl was not on the propath.  We then got different runtime errors, which was the same cause.  So unfortunately we've already been down that road.  I also found a knowledgebase article saying having min-size on the compile could cause issues, but removing that doesn't help either.

  • So having double checked to be sure, it appears I can't read.  It was a different OpenEdge.pl that was on the runtime propath, not Core.  Adding Core sorted it.  Sorry for wasting your time :P

  • Good to hear it was something simple to fix.