Unable to resolve type Using DirectoryServices in dotnet pro

Posted by qcace on 08-Jun-2018 09:45

Trying to setup a variable so I can verify the usercode/pw in Active Directory and visual designer cannot load this class.  Not sure what to try next.

I've updated my assemblies.xml using the Assembly References tool to add System.DirectoryServices and System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.

USING Progress.Lang.*.
USING Progress.Windows.Form.
USING System.DirectoryServices.*.
USING System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.*.

DEFINE PRIVATE VARIABLE vPC AS System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext NO-UNDO.

"Unable to resolve type information for type System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext for field vPC"

Thanks,

Andy

All Replies

Posted by tbergman on 09-Jun-2018 04:38

You mention using the visual designer. Does the problem also happen in a class/program that does not use the designer?

If it's only a designer problem, I have seen cases where the VD automatically sets the case incorrectly for lines it has generated. For example, note the improperly cased word "type" in the line below. It needs to be "Type". This is a bug in the designer tool that happens during formatting when pressing CTRL-SHIFT-1. This hasn't happened to me in quite some time so it may be fixed in later version of Progress. The workaround was to simply fix it in the code and try not to cause it again.

@VisualDesigner.FormMember (NeedsInitialize="false", InitializeArray="true", type="System.Int32").

This thread is closed