Can't publish to AppServer or REST using PDSOE

Posted by grolfe on 06-Mar-2018 14:42

I am having trouble publishing to an AppServer and REST using PDSOE. Here are the details for the AppServer.  Perhaps if that is cleared up, I can get REST to publish too.

Running PDSOE 11.5.1 on Windows 7.  The servers are remote and on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.

The Appserver was set up a long time ago by another and it predates me. I believe that the ubroker.properties was hand edited and PDSOE was not used (possibly not available then??).  I have used Openedge Explorer to make configuration changes and that seems to have worked ok.  However, when I try to use PDSOE to publish, it seems that I always end up with an error message dialog that states “A problem occurred while publishing files to the rms broker.  Unexpected internal error.  Check the OpenEdge Explorer log file for more details”.  When I look in the admserv.log on the remote server, I see a line like:

[2018/03/06@15:07:57.855-0500] [0] [*UnexpectedError*]   * recorded as exception #182 in file ads0.exp.

When I look in the ads0.exp I see a java exception that starts

Exception at Tue Mar 06 15:07:57 EST 2018: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Message (excp):  null

Stack Trace:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor285.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

and ends

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node.TextNode.toString(TextNode.java:246)

at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node.ArrayNode.toString(ArrayNode.java:745)

at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node.ObjectNode.toString(ObjectNode.java:806)

at com.progress.fathom.FathomAPIUtil.jsonError(FathomAPIUtil.java:182)

Any idea why I can’t publish from PDSOE? I am thinking it possibly might be because the AppServer started its life as a hand edited entity in ubroker.properties and now I am trying PDSOE and possibly missing some property that PDSOE can’t find?  Note that the same publish error displays when I try to publish REST too.  However, the restmgr1 never seems to start, so I think that may be a different issue. 

Thanks for any help.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 06-Mar-2018 15:08

Need the rest of the stack trace.  You've only posted part of it.

Posted by grolfe on 06-Mar-2018 15:39

Here is the entire exception 182 recorded in the ads0.exp.  

**** 182 ****

Exception at Tue Mar 06 15:07:57 EST 2018: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Message (excp):  null

Stack Trace:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor285.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at com.progress.fathom.FathomAPI$InvokeAnnotated.invoke(FathomAPI.java:379)

at com.progress.fathom.FathomAPI$ABLMethodInfo.invoke(FathomAPI.java:826)

at com.progress.fathom.FathomAPI$MethodDelegate.invoke(FathomAPI.java:572)

at com.progress.fathom.FathomAPI.invokeAPI(FathomAPI.java:1074)

at com.progress.fathom.FathomAPIServlet.doPost(FathomAPIServlet.java:190)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:652)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1317)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.MultiPartFilter.doFilter(MultiPartFilter.java:404)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1288)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ProxiedFilterChain.doFilter(ProxiedFilterChain.java:61)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.executeChain(AdviceFilter.java:108)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.doFilterInternal(AdviceFilter.java:137)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:125)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ProxiedFilterChain.doFilter(ProxiedFilterChain.java:66)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.executeChain(AdviceFilter.java:108)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.doFilterInternal(AdviceFilter.java:137)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:125)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ProxiedFilterChain.doFilter(ProxiedFilterChain.java:66)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:449)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter$1.call(AbstractShiroFilter.java:365)

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90)

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83)

at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:383)

at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:362)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1288)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:82)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:256)

at com.progress.fathom.servlet.filters.P3PFilter.doFilter(P3PFilter.java:38)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:443)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:556)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:227)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1044)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:372)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:189)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:978)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:365)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:486)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:944)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1005)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:865)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:240)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:667)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node.TextNode.toString(TextNode.java:246)

at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.node.ArrayNode.toString(ArrayNode.java:745)

at com.progress.fathom.FathomAPIUtil.jsonError(FathomAPIUtil.java:182)

at com.progress.fathom.api.ServerApplication.postAppServerApplication(ServerApplication.java:403)

... 63 more

Posted by Matt Baker on 06-Mar-2018 16:09

Thanks.  Unfortunately, the error handling that was supposed to return the message...generated an error, and you are getting that message instead of the original message.

You would need to contact tech support and would need a PUP to track this down in more detail.  Comparing this code from 11.5 to 11.7, the error handling was improved to provide better logging for whatever may have triggered the original exception.

Posted by grolfe on 15-Mar-2018 07:27

Matt,

Thanks again for the input.  I was just getting back to this and figured I would create a new workspace and project to submit to tech support.  In doing that, I made a few configuration changes and then encountered a different error trying to publish my  REST service.  The error was "... since it is not configured as Tomcat in the box."  I looked around for reference on that error  and I guess I made a bad assumption of my environment.  I thought we were using the Tomcat that came with OpenEdge, but we are not.  The restmgr1 is now starting and I am about ready to try to deploy using the export from PDSOE.  

This thread is closed