Help with setting up PAS production for scalability testing

Posted by Blake Stanford on 14-Dec-2017 07:12

I'm trying to setup PAS production license for some scalabiltiy testing to convert our existing classic appserver system to PAS.  I was able to get the PAS instances started and running with the developer version of PAS, however I'm having trouble with security using the production version.  Since we are just testing, I don't want any security and from all I read in the documentation it should be set to anonymous, but I'm getting the error:  Unable to communicate with AIA.  The web server returned HTTP status code of 403 (9328) when I try to connect to the apsv transport from a 4gl client.    How do I disable the security for testing purposes? 

All Replies

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 14-Dec-2017 07:17

Is the APSV transport enabled? I think all transports are disabled by default.

Posted by Blake Stanford on 14-Dec-2017 07:22

Yes I went in and enabled it.

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 14-Dec-2017 07:25

I loaded up a production license as well and had to enable that and disable the firewall. Other than that there was nothing else I needed to do.

Posted by Blake Stanford on 14-Dec-2017 07:27

I found an article about running PAS for OpenEdge in a production environment where it talks about modifying the web.xml to set the web-inf/oeableSecurity-anonymous.xml to basic for production.  My was missing the -anonymous on it so I tried putting the -anonymous on it and the instance would'nt start.

Posted by Blake Stanford on 14-Dec-2017 07:37

Did you disable specific ports on the firewall?

Posted by Roger Blanchard on 14-Dec-2017 07:39

I was referring to the windows firewall on the server. For testing I just disabled it completely.

Posted by Blake Stanford on 14-Dec-2017 07:46

We are running on a Linux machine, but I'm checking with our Tech team to see if they have any ports blocked, thanks.

Posted by Blake Stanford on 14-Dec-2017 08:08

No ports are blocked :(

Posted by jankeir on 14-Dec-2017 09:33

Did you check selinux?

Posted by Srinivas Munigala on 15-Dec-2017 07:37

I gave a try and it worked for me. Here are the steps that I followed:

Installed PASOE Prod version

Created an instance

By default, all transports are disabled in the production version of PAS for OpenEdge. Enable APSV adapter using oeprop.sh tool:

<instanseName>/bin/oeprop.sh <instanceName>.ROOT.APSV.adapterEnabled=1

Status responses are off by default, enable it using oeprop.sh tool:

<instanseName>/bin/oeprop.sh <instanceName>.ROOT.APSV.statusEnabled=1

Now, try to access the apsv from 4gl client

Hope, this helps

This thread is closed