Need help on IBM MQ - "Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service" - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

Need help on IBM MQ - "Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service"

Forum

Need help on IBM MQ - "Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service"

This question is answered

Hi,

When I am connecting to websphere MQ I got this error message - "Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service".

Please find the attachments for setups and programs are used for testing the IBM MQ.

1. AdminServerPlugins.properties

2. ubroker.properties

3. Testing sample code

4. Sonimq server log.

Other than ubroker and adminserverplugin properties, do I need to any other changes or any setup is required in websphere MQ?

0601.sonicMQ1.server.log

5481.AdminServerPlugins.properties6557.ubroker.propertiesJMSWebsphereMQ.zip

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sivarami

Verified Answer
  • Hi Sivarami,

In order to connect Queue Manager no need to generate jar file from AdminObjectFinder.java, jar requires only if we are connecting remote MQ. 

Follow the below steps to connect QueueManager.

1) Provide the MQ Client jar in pluginspath and classpath under [PluginPolicy.Progress.SonicMQ] section in AdminServerPlugins.properties file

2) Start the AdminServer and SonicMQ Adapter

3) Start QueueManger from IBM MQ

4) Provide the QueueManger name in procedure to connect and run it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Anand.

All Replies
  • Hi Sivarami,

You have provided Queue Manager and Queue name as "TestQueueManger" that may causing the problem. Try create queue name other than queue manager name as "SampleQ1" .

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

I have created queue manager only, do we need to create the queue's separately ?.

If yes from which option we need to create?

Thanks,Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

We need create queues after creating Queue Manger. You will find the option expanding Queue Manger to create the queues.

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

There is no expand option , please find the attached screen.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

You will find the expand option after starting the Queue Manager, seems you have not started the Queue Manger. After starting the Queue Manger create the queue from Quques> New > Local Queue option.

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

I have started the Queue, please find the status from previous screen.

Do I need to start the queue or connect the Queue?, My Queue is not connected when I am trying to connect it is giving below error.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

From the previous screen it shows just created the QueueManger but it is not started. We need to start the QueueManager but not the queue. Start the QueueManger and create the queue and use the same queue in the procedure to produce/consumer the messages.

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

when I try to restart the MQ manager it is saying that it is running, I restarted the MQ manager, MQ explorer and system even though I am unable to expand the queue manager.Please see the below messages for MQ manager status. 

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin64>strmqm TestQueueManager

WebSphere MQ queue manager running.

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin64>

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Sivarami,

When you start Queue Manager you will get symbol to expand. Please find the below screen shot for reference.

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes your correct.Even I have read in the one of the website also, But I am unable to see that.

Let me reinstall the websphere MQ, I will check and I will let you know.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Anand,

Do we have any issue with windows 2012?

WebsphereMQ Version

IBM WebSphere MQ Explorer

Version: 8.0.0.4

(c) Copyright IBM Corporation and other(s) 1994, 2014.

Visit

This product is Built on Eclipse™ ( )

windows edition

windows server 2012 R2 Dataceneter

Thanks,Sivarami

• Hi Anand,

I have identified the issue , we need run websphere service as a local system account.If we run like this we will be have full permissions.

Please find the screen for the same.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi Anand,

Thanks for your help. 

Now I am able to complete the testing successfully with QueueManger both IBM MQ and OpenEdge adapter in same machine.

Now I want to connect to remote MQ, Could you please suggest me how can I go ahead and what are all the steps I need to take care.

Thanks,

Sivarami

• Hi  Sivarami,

In Order to make remote connection with WebSpherMQ follow the below steps:

1) Create Connection factory in WebSphereMQ server
    2) Create Client-connection Channel from Channels under Queue Manager
    3) Create Client Channel Definition Table (CCDT) and it will be located at <WebSphereMQInstallation>\Qmgrs\RemoteQM\@ipcc\AMQCLCHL.TAB
    4) Now, install the WebSphereMQ client on client machine and create .bindings file by providing the location of .TAB file.

Create AdminObjectFinder.java file and specify the location of .bindings file as value to PROVIDER_URL property along with username and password. We can use the INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY value as "com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory". Generate the class file from java and packet that class in jar and provide the generated jar file in pluginclasspath and classpath under [PluginPolicy.Progress.SonicMQ].

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Anand.

• Hi Anand,

Thanks.

I am able to createconnection factory and client channel, I am unable to create CCDT.

How to create the Create Client Channel Definition Table (CCDT) and I have AMQCLCHL.TAB file. Please find the attached file for the same.

Thanks,

Sivarami