ABL Unit Test 11.6 - Catching customized errors using assertions - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community

ABL Unit Test 11.6 - Catching customized errors using assertions

Forum

ABL Unit Test 11.6 - Catching customized errors using assertions

• You need to give the absolute path not simply 'Test.db'

• what do u mean by the absolute path  ?

• The path is the full path where you created db. Eg, 'C:\SomeDir\Test.db'. You need to given the existing db in name field.

For example, if you created your db in C:\SomeDir with the name Test, your absolute path becomes 'C:\SomeDir\Test.db'.

At present, Ant expects that db to be presented locally.

• So ABLUnit test framework will not work if we have DB on another server or machine

As I have mentioned the absolute path of the DB of our server and still I am getting the same error message.

• You don't use an absolute path to connect to a DB on another server. You use the short DB name, the host name and the port number or service name.

Architect of the SmartComponent Library and WinKit

Consultingwerk Ltd.

• Yes,I tried that also still I am getting the same error massage "Invalid DB name". The same parameters if I use in the CONNECT statement that works for me.

• what is the exact error message? How does your connect statement look and how your startup parameters?

Consultingwerk Ltd.

• I have attached below screenshot

In Connect statement I am using the same params like

CONNECT -db stddb -H Hostname -S PortNo

• I don't see the error message yet. But I'd remove the ".db" part form the DB name. It is not part of the short DB name.

Consultingwerk Ltd.

• Error message is there in the console, check bottom side of the screenshot. I checked with removing .db, still getting the same error.

• The error message seems to show a folder name. So I would question that the ant script you are showing on the screen is the same ant script that raised that error message.

Consultingwerk Ltd.

• Yes. one thing I observed here is that even after mentioning the remote host name and port it is searching DB in the working directory and raising this error message. In the console error is coming  like

"{working directory path} \ stddb is not a valid DB name"

• In which case you should report a bug with tech support.

Consultingwerk Ltd.

• is this really a issue / bug or m doing something wrong ?

Has anyone faced the same issue before ?

• According to the docs you are doing everything right. Smells like a bug to me. Opening a tech-support case won't hurt.

Consultingwerk Ltd.