Arrange by Date - Show in Groups - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community
 Forum

Arrange by Date - Show in Groups

• How can I simulate an 'Arrange by Date - Show in Groups' view?

• Are you talking about the UltraGrid? Nothing easier than that:

Just set the GroupByMode property of the column properties. Works with DATE fields as well!

• Well I though of that but I was looking for some sort of calendar control mode that can do this automatically like in Outlook, so translation etc. are supported.

• Not sure what you mean. When using "OutlookDate" the grid groups

- this week

- last week

- last month

Isn't that like in Outlook?

• Are you talking about UltraGrid? Does it have special functionality for this? Do you have a link to documenation? Screen print?

• Jepp. UltraGrid.

Just set the GroupByMode property of the column properties. Works with DATE fields as well!

As described in my first post. Go into the grid designer to the properties of a column and set the GroupByMode property to something else then default.

• Or in code: ultraGridColumn24:GroupByMode = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.GroupByMode:OutlookDate.

• ...and the visual impression...

I think will become more a matter of learning all the features of the .NET controls than leaning the 10.2A ABL...

• That's a matter of fact

I believe, OE developers need to get used to Infragistics documentation, forum and googleing for samples.

• ...and the visual impression...

Well not exactly what I meant but I will start playing with this. It looks like it generates stuff like 'today', 'last week' etc.

I think will become more a matter of learning all the

features of the .NET controls than leaning the 10.2A

ABL...

Well I think it is a matter of both!

• That's a matter of fact

I believe, OE developers need to get used to

Infragistics documentation, forum and googleing for

samples.

It seems to me that the Infragistics documentation has extremely few visuals. Or am I missing something (BTW I am a little bit disabled at this customer site as the only internet connection if through Citrix with an old browser. For example I cannot view the Infragistics videos).

• Well not exactly what I meant but I will start

playing with this. It looks like it generates stuff

like 'today', 'last week' etc.

And what about multilingual support... (today/heute/vandaag)

• Most of their visible strings can be localized using their Resource manager class:

Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.Resources

Then use the SetCustomizedString (pcKey, pcTranslatedText ) method.

It's just a matter of finding all valid and required key values in the documentation. Haven't found the ones you were asking for so far. Somebody interested in that should post the to the Infragistics forum and get back with a result here

• Well thanks Simon and Mike, I finally got this working. At first I did not realize the details of GroupByMode:OutlookDate.

Attached is a sample of how this looks on my Dutch system. Note that the word 'Monday' is properly translated to Dutch ('maandag') but the other terms are not.

How do I fix that?

• Are you saying that SetCustomizedString works for "Monday" but not for the other strings?