.net documentation - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community
 Forum

.net documentation

  • As a follow on to another thread, I find that documentation for the Telerik controls very useful. If only all help were like this for the the other .net controls

    http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/overview.html

  • Wow, what will the future bring us with controls like the carousel and all...

  • An item lookup in an ERP system? A customer lookup in a CRM application?

    I like this kind of lookups in iTunes, but do you really have a use case in a business app? Maybe for an info kiosk? But elsewhere?

    I am curious to hear about your use case!

  • we're are actually currently trialling a screen where a team leader can flick through photos of their team to drag the team member to a queue.

  • Our application is 90% standard browser/viewer stuff and 10% of the screens have a more "complicated" user interface.

    The 90% is straight forward functionality and perfect for a framework like DWP or Dynamics. The other 10% is more of a challenge where the complicated user interface is driven by complicated functionality.

    But...maybe we should also look at the more straight forward functionality and see it we can make the user interface closer to the perception of the user. By for example using the more "exotic" controls or properties.

    This is btw a bit against the way of how frameworks like DWP and Dynamics work (standardized user interface) but hey...

  • This is btw a bit against the way of how frameworks

    like DWP and Dynamics work (standardized user

    interface) but hey...

    I have a slightly differentiated way on this. Of course you leverage the most of a framework, with standarized screens. But a framework should be open enough to integrate "hand made" application components as well. For Dynamics it's also possible to create custom rendering modules - of course this makes most sense when there is a big chance of reusing them in multiple screens or applications.

    Doing 90% with following the concept of a framework and only 10% manually. I'd say that's already a good ratio of staying with the framework.