OpenEdge 11.7.5 - PAS server connected user / session detail

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 13-Feb-2020 13:32

Hello All,

I would like to see details of users using or associated with PAS server agent like classic app server. Sometimes the PAS server works very slow so we need a details of which user or ABL session is busy so that we can check the abl session and kill that user or ask to logout the session.

Thanks in advance. 

Posted by Peter Judge on 18-Feb-2020 15:36

There's doc at docs.progress.com/.../Monitor-PAS-for-OpenEdge-instances.html , whichlinks to the JMX queries and the REST API.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 13-Feb-2020 14:08

You can track/manage indivisual sessions in PASOE, using OEM/OEE or the oemanager REST API or JMX.

If you look at the Monitor tab in  https://docs.progress.com/category/manage_your_application_server  you can sese details on the latter.

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 13-Feb-2020 14:20

How can we track/manage individual sessions in PASOE using OEM/OEE ?

Nothing mentioned on that link about OEM/OEE.

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 14-Feb-2020 05:13
Posted by atuldalvi123 on 14-Feb-2020 05:43

To enable REST API access, either oemanager.war or tcmanager.war must be deployed.

Where should i get these files ?

And to run curl, which is a common open software, I have to install any software ?

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 14-Feb-2020 05:48

oemanager.war is available at <DLC>servers\pasoe\extras

Posted by Mike Fechner on 14-Feb-2020 05:49

Go into your instance directory:

bin/tcman deploy %dlc%/servers/pasoe/extras/oemanager.war

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 14-Feb-2020 05:53

thanks

And curl command, I have to download any tool ?

From where should i execute these commands, proenv or web browser ?

Posted by Mounika Katepally on 14-Feb-2020 05:54

We can view requests,users and session details  in OEM/OEE in Requests page. Navigate to the instance page. Click on the ABL app and then requests. It will list all the incoming requests with the user id and the session details along with the request elapsed time.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 14-Feb-2020 06:41

curl is a command line tool to issue http requests. On Windows it requires a linux like shell.

But for get requests, any web browser will do. For post, a Google Chrome plugin like postman available in the Google Chrome AppStore.

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 14-Feb-2020 07:00

Ok gr8

But these both options OEM/OEE & curl will give the same details like  requests,users and session details etc ?

I have access to OEM console aswell so no need to use curl right if both are having the same details.

Posted by vbontha on 14-Feb-2020 07:20

Yes. If you have access to OEM, you do not need to use curl.

Both OEM and curl will give you the same details.

Posted by Mounika Katepally on 14-Feb-2020 07:24

OEM uses the same oemanager API to get the details. So you should see same results in both ways. Also, you need to deploy oemanager.war to the instance for OEM to fetch details. You can use OEM to deploy oemanager.war.

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 14-Feb-2020 07:49

OK thanks

But now I am facing an issue here. I have previously installed 32 bit progress and now 64 bit on windows. It was successfully installed but no longer running admin service for 64 bit. Even after manually starting as ADMIN it is not running and because of this I am not able to open OEM for 64 bit.

What should I do to solve this?

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 14-Feb-2020 08:45

When you say, it is not starting.What is the error you are seeing?

Can you check admserv.log and fathom.log for the errors?

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 14-Feb-2020 09:03

Admin service for 64 is now running, it was an admin access issue.

But now I am not able to create a PAS instance, which is getting error "Exception Progress Application Server instance is creating myPAS:"

I am using localhost: 9090 URL on my local machine which I was using earlier for 32 bit installation

Which URl should I use for 64 bit ?

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 14-Feb-2020 09:19

You mentioned that you were using 32 bit install. Are you still running OEM on that version?

If that is the case, 64 bit version of OEM wont connect as 9090 port might be busy

Regarding the exception, can you check your license combination for the 64bit install? Let us know, which components you have installed?

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 14-Feb-2020 09:29

Yes, I have changed the port for the 64 bit service and the OEM is now working where I see the default PAS instance oepas1.

For this example are the oemanager.war or tcmanager.war files already deployed or do I have to deploy it separately?

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 14-Feb-2020 09:40

oemanager.war/tcmanager.war  file(s) need to deployed separately.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 14-Feb-2020 09:44

Hi Atul,

For default PASOE server, oemanager.war and manager.war will get deployed automatically. You can check them under <instance-directory>/webapps/ folder.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 14-Feb-2020 09:50

I think oemanager is already deployed there for default instance.

What is the meaning of the sessions column in the screenshot and where do i monitor connected users, active session and requests etc.

Just now I tried normal connection from editor to this PAS instance but there is nothing in the client session and requests tabs, all blank and only agent session have some info.

Can someone explain about these statistics ?

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 14-Feb-2020 10:44

Instead of an windows OE management tool, if I want to read this details / description from Linux how can I get it?

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 17-Feb-2020 11:19

How do we kill the specific session and not the entire agent of PAS ? Is this possible ?

Posted by Mounika Katepally on 17-Feb-2020 11:27

You can do that from the OEM sessions page. Under ABL app, client sessions page will list all the sessions. You can select any session and stop.

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 17-Feb-2020 11:38

We have no OEM in production, we are planning to use OEJMX command-line utility or APIs. Is that possible with these solutions ?

Posted by Irfan on 17-Feb-2020 12:13

Here is your query

{"O":"PASOE:type=OEManager,name=AgentManager","M":["terminateABLSession","<agentID>",<agentSessionID>,<terminateOption>]}

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 17-Feb-2020 14:21

What is <terminateOption> ?  What value actually it is ?

Posted by Irfan on 17-Feb-2020 17:00

Its 0 or 1.  0 - trappable stop 1 - untrappable stop

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 18-Feb-2020 05:32

I don't see any information on google on the terminateABLSession query.

Can i get any references ?

Posted by Irfan on 18-Feb-2020 10:52

For API's, we provide the documentation in Swagger. So if you can access Swagger using http://host:port/oemanager/, you can see the "terminateABLSession" API and the description on input for it.

Posted by Peter Judge on 18-Feb-2020 15:36

There's doc at docs.progress.com/.../Monitor-PAS-for-OpenEdge-instances.html , whichlinks to the JMX queries and the REST API.

This thread is closed