Auto save/export file on save

Posted by DenDuze on 02-Aug-2018 03:03

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically export/save a file from an 'OpenEdge Project' to the file-system?
I want all my files of the project together in my workspace but i also want a copy of some files (no .r files) put on other places om my file-system.
I found that there is some setting specific for java (window - preferences - java - editor - save actions) but i didn't found those for other type of projects.

So I would like to find some way how I can specify some actions (run bat or ant-file) that needs to be performed on the save of some file in Progress Developer studio.

Someone has done something like this or has an idea how to do this?

regards
Didier

Posted by DenDuze on 02-Aug-2018 06:21

Ok, already found a way with the Ant Builder

All Replies

Posted by DenDuze on 02-Aug-2018 06:21

Ok, already found a way with the Ant Builder

Posted by Arno van der Ende on 03-Aug-2018 01:27

Hi Didier,

You can write yourself some ABL code to get this done. For that, enable 'OEIDE events' of your project (default enabled), create a procedure name _idestartup.p, and subscribe to 'oeide_event'. Then, use the event 'After-Save' to copy the file to an other location.

For more details, see: www.flusso.nl/.../

KR,

Arno

Posted by DenDuze on 03-Aug-2018 02:12

Hi Arno,

Thanks for that, I will certainly look at this!

Strange, yestreday I already added the comment that I found a solution by adding an Ant-task/Ant-Builder to the project that does this job for me. But i can't find that comment anymore in this thread? (maybe forgot to save it?)

regards

Didier

This thread is closed