Unable to change TRACKING-CHANGES attribute to true.

Posted by David Ysmael on 30-Nov-2017 15:31

I'm trying to set up a REST service based on a few different examples I've seen while going through Progress training documents. When trying to set the temp-table attribute on a temp-table that is defined with a schema similar to a progress db table and with a before table, I receive the following errors:

Cannot turn on TRACKING-CHANGES for a static temp-table unless DEFINED with a BEFORE-TABLE phrase. (12344)
Unable to set attribute TRACKING-CHANGES in widget of type TEMP-TABLE. (3131)

Here is my temp-table definition and then my attempt to set the attribute:

define temp-table ttwh-ship-l0 like wh-ship-l0 no-undo before-table btwh-ship-l0.
temp-table ttwh-ship-l0:TRACKING-CHANGES = TRUE.

As far as I can tell, this should work as is.
TIA.

Posted by David Ysmael on 06-Dec-2017 08:43

It turns out that my definition of the temp-table and the placement of the no-undo was causing the problem.

Changed my definition to:

define temp-table ttwh-ship-l0 no-undo like wh-ship-l0 before-table btwh-ship-l0.

and it started working.

Posted by David Ysmael on 06-Dec-2017 08:48

It seems the temp-table definition was the problem. When I changed it to the following, it started working.

define temp-table ttwh-ship-l0 no-undo like wh-ship-l0 before-table btwh-ship-l0.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 30-Nov-2017 16:02

The temp-table must be part of a dataset.

DEFINE DATASET ds-stuff FOR ttwh-ship-l0.

Posted by David Ysmael on 30-Nov-2017 16:19

I have that defined, but I've just realized that I forgot to add the include for the definition in my class file.

Thanks, Peter.

Posted by David Ysmael on 01-Dec-2017 11:11

Adding the include to the BusinessEntity class did not help. I still receive the same error when it reaches the line to set tracking-changes to true.

Posted by David Ysmael on 06-Dec-2017 08:43

It turns out that my definition of the temp-table and the placement of the no-undo was causing the problem.

Changed my definition to:

and it started working.

Posted by David Ysmael on 06-Dec-2017 08:48

It seems the temp-table definition was the problem. When I changed it to the following, it started working.

This thread is closed