OpenEdge speech recognition: replacing IE with Chromium

Posted by Hamza Rhaiem on 20-Apr-2017 12:13

I am currently trying to make a speech recognition application with OpenEdge and since IE doesn't support it so i have to repalce it with Chromuim. I am using CefSharp right now and i did follow all steps mentionned to add a .Net assembly as a class from 4GL. After doing that i succeed to see all class/constructor for CefSharp after adding it in my assemblies.xml but unfortunately it's not the case for CefSharp.WinForms.

I also tried to add CefSharp.WinForms directly as a control in my class but it said "can't load assembly" and for CefSharp it said "no componeonts found that can be placed on the ToolBox".

I am facing this problem since 8 days and i have searched in all documents and forums but with no help!

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 20-Apr-2017 12:22

Make sure that the version of OpenEdge you are using uses the same version of the .NET framework that the CefSharp.WinForms assembly requires.  You may need an updated version of OpenEdge if the controls require .NET 4.x.

Posted by Laura Stern on 20-Apr-2017 12:47

If what Brian said is not the problem, you should log a case with Tech Support so you can give them your CefSharp.WinForms assembly.  We may then be able to determine a more specific reason why the assembly cannot be loaded.

Also, did you create the assembly on the same machine as where you are using it, or did you copy it there?  If you copied it, you may have a security problem.  Do right-click->Properties on the .dll (or whatever it's called) and see if it's blocked.

Posted by Hamza Rhaiem on 21-Apr-2017 03:03

How can i see what version of .Net my OpenEdge is using?

Posted by Hamza Rhaiem on 21-Apr-2017 03:13

As you can see in the image attached, i can't add CefSharp.WinForms.dll as a control so it can be directly displayed on my Frame. Also in the picture you can see in the Class Browser that i can display all packages for CefSharp (after adding the assembly to the GAC) but not for CefSharp.Winforms!

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 21-Apr-2017 12:40

Hamza,

Can you send me a private message with the assembly so I can play with it here?

Brian

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 24-Apr-2017 13:18

Hi Hamza,

Can you tell me the version of OpenEdge you are using?  

Brian

Posted by Hamza Rhaiem on 25-Apr-2017 03:39

Hi Brian,

OpenEdge Release: 11.6.2! Thx!

This thread is closed