PROADSV -query -all ERROR: Unable to locate database (DBMa

Posted by payguard on 19-Dec-2019 20:09

I am in the process of setting up a new RHEL6 server. I have installed 11.7.5 and I was in the process of configuring it. I tried a "proadsv -query -all" command which responded with:

OpenEdge Release 11.7.5 as of Fri Jun  7 08:29:03 EDT 2019

AdminServer is alive. (8545)

Listing entries in registry...
   Entry: AdminServer  (active)  Uptime: 00:00:05

ERROR: Unable to locate database   (DBMan005)

I have spent the last day or so searching but I have not been able to find anything that would explain this error. I suspect that it may be because I do not have any databases configured but that is just a guess.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Hugh

Posted by Matt Baker on 19-Dec-2019 21:13

It is because you have no databases conmgr.properties.  There is no database for which to print the name, so the message is a bit...lacking.  It could be more friendly in its output.  This is coming from the dbman utility which has the same output if you use -query and -all switches.  There is no real error beyond the scary message itself.

I've logged a bug for improving the output.  If you want to call tech support and have them attach your customer info to this, you can get notifications on the change of state. and it may get prioritized a bit higher if there is a customer name attached to it.

ADAS-21228

Posted by Matt Baker on 19-Dec-2019 21:15

The message is intended for use in situations where you run dbman -query -db foo...and "foo" database does not exist.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 19-Dec-2019 21:13

It is because you have no databases conmgr.properties.  There is no database for which to print the name, so the message is a bit...lacking.  It could be more friendly in its output.  This is coming from the dbman utility which has the same output if you use -query and -all switches.  There is no real error beyond the scary message itself.

I've logged a bug for improving the output.  If you want to call tech support and have them attach your customer info to this, you can get notifications on the change of state. and it may get prioritized a bit higher if there is a customer name attached to it.

ADAS-21228

Posted by Matt Baker on 19-Dec-2019 21:15

The message is intended for use in situations where you run dbman -query -db foo...and "foo" database does not exist.

Posted by payguard on 19-Dec-2019 21:30

Hi Matt: That is what I suspected but the confirmation is greatly appreciated. hec

This thread is closed