Error connecting to SonicMQ Broker

Posted by oedev on 22-Mar-2016 03:33

Hi All,

I have a simple test program, which attempts to connect to a SonicMQ broker, using the -SMQConnect option;

DEFINE VARIABLE ptpsession AS HANDLE.

MESSAGE "Attemping connect..." VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX INFORMATION.

/* Creates a session object. */
RUN  jms/ptpsession.p PERSISTENT SET ptpsession ("-SMQConnect").
RUN setBrokerURL IN ptpsession ("192.168.177.180:2506").
RUN SETUSER IN ptpsession ("Administrator").
RUN setPassword IN ptpsession ("Password").

RUN beginSession IN ptpsession.

MESSAGE "Completed..." VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX INFORMATION.

The code works fine on our dev environment, and on selected servers (Windows based) on our customers site. However, it fails with error " Error connecting to the JMS AppServer service."  on a HP-UX server.

We've investigated this as potential firewall issue, but I can communicate using telnet to the broker IP address on port 2506.

There is a sonic directory under DLC ($DLC/sonic/MQ7.5/lib).

In my AdminServerPlugins.properties I have the following Sonic related settings, I don't believe any of these have been modified from the default;

#
# 4GL Sonic Adapter plugin - SonicMQ adapter support
#
[Plugin.SonicMQAdapter]
dependency=Plugin.System,Plugin.UBPropMgr
pluginpolicy=PluginPolicy.Progress.SonicMQ
uniquetype=AD
license=1048577
classname=com.progress.ubroker.tools.adapter.AdapterGuiPlugin
pluginargs=SonicMQ Adapter

#
# Policy for the 4GL SonicMQ Adapter
#
[PluginPolicy.Progress.SonicMQ]
pluginclasspath=/int01/progress-progs/progress_oe102b/sonic/MQ7.5/lib/sonic_
Client.jar,/int01/progress-progs/progress_oe102b/sonic/MQ7.5/lib/mgmt_client.jar
,/int01/progress-progs/progress_oe102b/java/ext/actional-sdk.jar,/int01/progress
-progs/progress_oe102b/java/progress.jar
classpath=/int01/progress-progs/progress_oe102b/sonic/MQ7.5/lib/sonic_Client
.jar,/int01/progress-progs/progress_oe102b/java/ext/actional-sdk.jar,/int01/prog
ress-progs/progress_oe102b/java/progress.jar

Running Openedge 10.2BSP7.

Any help in finding out the cause of this error will be appreciated.

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Anand Adike on 22-Mar-2016 05:19

Could you please let me know are you able to connect from other platforms.

is the Sonic Domain Manger up and running on 192.168.177.180 machine?

Thanks,

Anand.

Posted by Paul Connaughton on 22-Mar-2016 16:07

Are the adapter logs created? You should see them in the working directory with the format cc.broker-<pid>.log and cc.agent-<pid> log

If you do not see them, then one of two things has occurred.

1. The adapter isn't configured to output the logs. To enable the logs following the instructions in this article:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P138072

2. There were problems starting the symbiotic java process. To diagnose this, please set an environment variable SMQDEBUG=1 and then launch the client process that fails to connect. This will produce a jvmstart.log in the working directory which may provide insight on why it is failing.

Hope it helps,

Paul

Posted by oedev on 23-Mar-2016 03:07

I can connect from other machines (Windows platform) to the broker, using the same test code above.

Posted by oedev on 23-Mar-2016 03:08

Where will I find the adapter logs? On the client trying to make the connection, or the machine hosting the broker? Thanks.

Posted by Donicello Lampe on 23-Mar-2016 03:26

When you follow the steps from the KBase article, the log files will be on the client.

Posted by oedev on 23-Mar-2016 08:51

Thanks all.

The error now displayed (with increased debugging) is  "Unable to spawn SonicMQ ClientConnect process. (12668)"

Looking at some KB entries, it could be possible library version conflict, between the libraries on the client (for Sonic MQ 7.5) and the version of the broker. Asked the customer to find out the version of broker they are using.

This thread is closed